Thread: Great experience and wonderful furniture

Default Great experience and wonderful furniture

I found this forum while researching another brand of leather furniture from a local dealer that does business like Duane. Learned a great deal and talked with our local guy that supported everything I learned and he understood our deciding to go with H&M and BY he just doesn’t carry those brands. I talked with Duane through email many times to get our decision nailed down. Wife was dead set on the BY Richardson sofa and chair after seeing it and sitting on many pieces at Furnitureland South. She got to pick what she wanted since we had our original leather furniture for the last 24 years and she was moving into a new house. For building the house I got to pick my chair and chose the HM Aderondack Rocker with the Hyde Park Brownie Burnished leather and boot stool. We are both happy with the furniture and the dealings with Duane. We received the same small town personal service we are used to from our own local dealer from the past 25 years. A little concerned at first about buying remotely from a different dealer and spending a good deal on nice personal furniture choices, but the process and purchase could not have been better. We live just over an hour from the factories and drove up to pick up or orders ourselves. Duane lined up a factory tour for my 10 year old son and I with Jimmy Moore. We had a blast and Jimmy treated my son like his own grandson. My son throughly enjoyed himself and still talks about the trip. Everyone in the plant was eger to tell us about what they do and had pride in their work. Everything was done by people no automation. Thanks Duane for a great experience and I will buy from you again. Already planning for a Monaco chair for a retirement gift for myself next year! Attaching some pictures of our furniture as promised.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78A62986-CC6E-47BC-A919-4B3BF7F21178.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	10584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9EE66AA1-6C9E-4D25-ADCA-EBC078097C88.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	10585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124DCA60-2DD9-41BB-AFAE-5BC4BF44BA74.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	10586  
    Last edited by 5stringbean; 01-18-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Photos in wrong location

Default Re: Great experience and wonderful furniture

Thanks for the review, and the photos! Of course, my eyes go right to the H&M Rocker <g>. How does the boot stool work with the Rocker, does it give you the positioning for relaxing your legs as you expected? I've not paired a Boot Stool with a Rocker before so its piqued my curiosity.

No one gives a tour like Jimmy Moore, he's the BEST - what a character. When he retired last month, all the folks that work there will tell you "We know Jack and Gloria will be fine (they retired as well), we're worried about Jimmy. He won't like being idle, and this factory is his whole life!" So maybe we can get Jimmy to come out for a few more tours now and then as a Brand Ambassador, his home is pretty close to the factory.

I appreciate your business and I know its a Leap of Faith to order something from a dealer in another state. BTW, your room these are in looks bright and cozy in the decor - well done!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Great experience and wonderful furniture

I’m 6’3” and the Rocker and stool are a perfect fit. My wife is 5’8” and it’s just right for her also. She really likes the stool with it and thought I was making a bad choice getting the stool with a rocker. The rocker is very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. I sit by the fire and read after everyone has gone to bed because that’s the only time I get to use “my chair”. That’s the only downside to this rocker is someone is always in it except me. Never really thought of a rocker to be a long sitting chair. When we saw it at Furnitureland South and I tried it I was sold and immediately called you to order. Very good sitting position and the boot stool is perfect when I want to stretch my legs out and also to just prop my feet on to rock. I would not want a stool any higher and really never thought about a stool with a rocker until you put up a post about boot stools. We had the extended family Christmas dinner at our house and everyone wanted to try out the chair. The BY furniture is really great also. Very comfortable and company always raves about how nice it is.

Thank you for the complement on the room. Everything in the room was hand made by family, local craftsmen and me. That’s one thing that really drew me to HM pieces and why I took my son in the tour. I wanted him to see what went into the rocker as he has laid claim to it after my time. I hate the bookcase lighting shows up so much and hides the colors of the pottery. That was all done by my late father-in-law and is very dear to us. Nothing fancy but he made it.

Thanks again for all of your help.