Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Luxe Recliner/ Weston Sand

Default Hancock and Moore Luxe Recliner/ Weston Sand

I hope my pictures posted..

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Luxe Recliner/ Weston Sand

Why can't I post pictures ? I've tried uploading and drawing the photos from my desktop.

1) Click on the PHOTO icon (3rd from the end) in the Quick Reply window.
    2) When the pop-up window opens, click on FROM COMPUTER
    3) Locate you photo on your computer : SELECT FILES
    4) Once your file displays in the window, click on UPLOAD FILES

That's all there is to it. Now, if you took hi-res, large photos, it will reject them due to size and you will get a red "X" on step 4. If that happens, you have to downsize your image with a photo editing software app. I use Photoshop Elements, but there are probably free programs that will do it, too. Set the size of the image to around 12" x 16" and the dpi to 90 and you will get a size that will post, and still be highly visible on the forum (that's the settings I use all the time for my photos).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    1) Click on the PHOTO icon (3rd from the end) in the Quick Reply window.
    2) When the pop-up window opens, click on FROM COMPUTER
    3) Locate you photo on your computer : SELECT FILES
    4) Once your file displays in the window, click on UPLOAD FILES

That's all there is to it. Now, if you took hi-res, large photos, it will reject them due to size and you will get a red "X" on step 4. If that happens, you have to downsize your image with a photo editing software app. I use Photoshop Elements, but there are probably free programs that will do it, too. Set the size of the image to around 12" x 16" and the dpi to 90 and you will get a size that will post, and still be highly visible on the forum (that's the settings I use all the time for my photos).
    Thank you Duane. I will take new photos with the iPhone. These photos were taken with a camera then downloaded on my computer.

iPhone photos may not work any better. For one thing they take at a massive resolution and usually require downsizing (see above). Also, they appear sideways unless you EDIT them in the phone before downloading. Click the Edit button then crop the photo a little or do another EDIT function, then it will save to your phone in the correct orientation.
    Duane Collie

P.S. Noted you left a message on my store phone in conjunction with a conference phone call with Apple Care to get live support with me on how to post photos on the forum. Please refrain from those kind of calls, I do not provide telephone support for forum posting issues other than what I might type out here (as above). I do not have time in the day to conference call on computer issues you may be experiencing, sorry.

Note that I use a Mac at home, and PC at work, and have no issues in attaching photos to the forum from either location or computer. This is not a hardware issue, its really just following the steps already outlined above. If you need training in how to size a photo for posting, then that is something you can watch on a You Tube Video, etc. Good luck.
    Duane Collie

Hi Duane,
    I understand. I was trying to post my pictures and they weren't uploading. I was on the phone with the Apple tech for more than an hour and she continued to tell me the problem was with the website and not my computer. At that point I just wanted to confirm to her that it wasn't the website. I wasn't calling you for technical support...I called Apple Care for that.
    It seems that my photos were taken with a camera and they show up as "DSC" and won't upload. The photo that I took with my iPhone show up as "IMG" and that photo did upload. Obviously I just wanted to contribute to the forum. I'm not that tech savvy and I'm still trying to figure this out. I sorry for any misunderstanding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0959.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	10621

Last edited by Dmarie; 01-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.

This is really a user-familiarity issue. The Apple tech might want to say its the forum, but its not. They tell you that instead of "It's a user issue!"

I upload photos from my two Nikon cameras, a Fuji Camera (these show up as "DSC" files) and my iPhone 7 Plus when one of the full body cameras are not handy or I'm in a hurry. I do them from all platforms to the forum, iMac, PC, iPad, iPhone. The forum will take it all. This is a v.bulletin program so you can self tutor on You Tube like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SilG7vUs9GE

Note that if your photo is too large, it will be rejected. I put a size filter on the forum since space costs money, and we can't have thousands and thousands of photos residing on the server over the years eating up bandwidth, because that gets expensive. And while there is no charge to use the forum, I strive to keep the operating costs down. So you will, in most cases, have to put your photos in an imaging program and downsize them - that is your issue most likely.
    Duane Collie