Thread: Quality Recliners with Adjustable Lumbar Support

Bear122959 Guest

Default Quality Recliners with Adjustable Lumbar Support

Hello:
    I visited my local Hooker/Bradington Young retailer (H&M doesn't seem to have a retailer within 200 miles) to try some of their leather recliners and was disappointed to find they only stock Flexsteel & LaZBoy. I tried both brands to get an idea what seat height & depth I would need and found I really liked the adjustable lumbar support they offer. However, other than the lumbar adjustment I was underwhelmed with both brands, especially the chipboard underside of the LaZBoy!

Are there any brands you would consider a Highest Quality, or at least a Mid Range Quality, recliner manufacturer that offers adjustable lumbar support (manual or power)? I lost my job to China, during the recession, so I would prefer to buy a Mid Range Quality recliner made in the US over a Highest Quality product from China!!

Would the LaZBoy seat height, arm height, & seat depth measurements that fit me be close enough when ordering a quality recliner? If not, how would I determine the correct seat height & depth?

Thanks,

Mike

Default Re: Quality Recliners with Adjustable Lumbar Support

I don't really work in the lower to mid-range of furniture, the products I sell are more towards best-in-category, designed to last. Mostly you get what you pay for in the recliner/motion groups. Good recliners will start at about $ 1K in promotional leathers and can easily approach $ 3K + when spec'd with better hides. You can't buy a recliner on specs, that usually doesn't work. The # 1 thing in recliners is structural integrity and durability with the mechanisms. The only way you can judge that is to push and pull on the arms and see how much they move, an mechanisms should be Leggett and Platt or Ultramech.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Bear122959 Guest

Default Re: Quality Recliners with Adjustable Lumbar Support

Duane
    I agree you get what you pay for, that's why I asked about brands that had earned your Highest Quality rating. Are there no US made, high quality, recliners with adjustable lumbar support?

Thanks,

Mike