Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Morning

Default Tough Morning

We had to euthanize our 14 1/2 year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel this morning, "Tanner". He got very ill yesterday with severe Vestibular Syndrome (extreme vertigo) and added to his list of ailments, the vet said in so many words 'it was time'. He was a good, happy, family dog. Its hard to lose a pet, even an old one.

"Dogs get to catch every squirrel in doggie heaven".....(told to me by a friend)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like it was for the best but it's hard. I know how hard it can be, having lost 3 pets (2 cats and 1 bird) in the past 2 years due to them being old and having medical problems.

dr56 Guest

Default I am so sorry, Duane!

Hi Duane,

How terribly sad. I am very sorry for your loss and know how close we become to our pets. I hope you can get through this loss and remember him for his time he was with you and all the good times he brought your family.

We have a Cavalier King Charles mix and we are all so very attached to him. I know a dog's life is short and this already saddens me. We never want that day to come.

Thinking of you and wishing you and your family comfort.

Diane

artielange Guest

Default Sorry about your friend

You have my sympathies, Duane. As someone who has spent their entire life with many dogs and horses, I have been there through more deaths than I care to remember. In fact I lost an elderly whippet earlier this year to vestibular disease. He had several attacks and although he would kind of recover from them, each one made him lose more coordination and balance. Eventually you know when it is time.

You gave your dog a wonderful life and those many memories will still make you smile, just not today.

Bigwaved Guest

ugghh. That sucks. We have gone through that. It never is easy. We have family with a couple of the same breed that are creeping up in age. It is the sad part of having doggy friends.

Thanks all!

Had to share this pic, just taken about six months ago....house is all cleaned up now, the soiled rugs you see in the background have been washed (he had accidents the last few months), the old tennis balls that haven't been chased in awhile are in the trash along with the doggie bed. His water dish no longer on the floor. No wagging tail for me when I got home tonight.....

The almost new box of doggie treats I'll put in the delivery truck for the guys to make friends with when they haul in those new leather sofas -fastest way to make a new friend is to have some doggie treats in your pocket and the barks change to wags real fast.

Go get those squirrels, Tanner!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tanner1.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	438  
    Duane Collie

artielange Guest

What a sweet face

dr56 Guest

Default what a sweet looking dog...

thanks for sharing the picture of tanner, Duane! What an absolutely beautiful dog.....he will be loved in "doggie heaven"!

organic_smallhome Guest

Aw, Duane. I'm so sorry to hear of Tanner's passing. Clearly, he was well-loved.

Here's a "Last Will and Testament" that Eugene O'Neill wrote on the passing of his dog. I've always loved it, and found it oddly comforting when our own pup passed last year.

http://www.eoneill.com/texts/blemie/contents.htm

R.I.P. Tanner.

Excellent bit by O'Neill ! I've not read that before, thanks for sharing it. I missed the old boy this morning, and every morning....as everyone else had gone off to work or school and its usually just myself and the Old Dog begging for a treat or rub behind the ears while I read the morning paper.

Now its just me and the radio....

I was surfing the web for dog breeds last night when my wife walked in unexpectedly and I dropped the screen on the computer and QUICKLY put up www.myfurnitureforum.com. She says "Don't you ever get tired of work?" I was real stealthy-like, she never knew I was on the hunt for puppies.
    Duane Collie