Thread: Author Chair and Ottoman delivered

KarlyD Guest

Default Author Chair and Ottoman delivered

Received Author chair and ottoman today. Looks great and delivered a day before scheduled delivery. Sun Delivery did great-called the day before delivery, 4 hours before, and 30 minutes out. Admittedly I was skeptical ordering furniture over the phone from someone on the east coast when I live in the Midwest. There are so many scammers out there and the furniture business has unfortunately turned into mostly salespeople pushing “store closing sales”, “one time only don’t wait” Chinese made garbage furniture that is made with only the finest pressed balsa wood. I research things to exhaustion and then repeat over and over. Save yourself some time-no one can beat Duane’s prices and I can only speak to his Hancock and Moore line, but it is the finest chair I have ever sat in. I will only buy quality furniture from this point forward because I don’t like spending money on something that is substandard. I am not a rich person and hate spending money but buying H&M is worth the extra money and time it takes to save for it.

Default Re: Author Chair and Ottoman delivered

Congrats on those beautiful pieces! What leather did you get?

KarlyD Guest

The unprotected Weston cane burnished. I’ve had other “leather” furniture and this is the warmest I’ve felt. It was the Hancock and Moore promotional program

Great! Glad to hear Sun Delivery did a nice job for you. I know they are more costly, but complaints are way, way down with them vs the prior company I was using. What good is saving money on delivery services if it becomes a big headache? I can also tell you that you will now develop "The Critical Eye" and go into other furniture stores with much skepticism and now you know what to look for in a quality build. There is a difference and you will be able to pick up on it. If you get some minor scratches on that Weston Cane burnished, take a little Vaseline Intensive Care lotion and massage it into the area, they dissapear like magic (sometimes takes two or three applications). Keep the sun off the piece and your Author Chair will last you many, many years. Thank you for your business.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.