Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to pull the trigger

Default Re: When to pull the trigger

The Rita looks nice and I am sure is comfortable, but it is more formal. I have a H&M tufted chesterfield and it is nice to sit on, but not as comfortable for lounging as my September sofa. If I only had one couch and I wanted something to relax on after a long day, I would want something with cushions, not a tufted back. Just my preference and I guess it depends on what you are looking for and your planned use.

Default Re: When to pull the trigger

I think I talked myself back out of the Rita anyway, lol. I was looking back at some of the posts from people that experienced premature wear and failure of the leather and I am not sure my lifestyle will mean that whatever I buy will last the decades that Duane's has. This bothers me. Being honest about my lifestyle, lol. I am not a morning person, but to practice my chosen profession, I get up at 4:50 am and stumble down to the sofa where I alternate caffeinating and semi consciousness until the caffeine kicks in sufficiently, lol. Drips happen. After a very busy 8-10 hours on my feet, I just want to get home and put my feet up. I try hard not to fall asleep watching the news. I am not as young as I used to be and I am not always successful, lol. I will sometimes nap on it. I usually have my dinner on the sofa. There are no children, just one aging cat. Yet, this I know, is hard use. On the other hand, by cleaning and rotating cushions, my current cheap Microfiber sofa has held up for 10-15 years until a spring broke. So I now have only one end to sit on, and my hand is forced. I NEED a new sofa. I plan to get arm covers, and maybe a head cover. I may need to get a UV shade if I can't find anyone good to coat the East facing bow window that is the only spot for the sofa. I will rotate the seat cushions. But if the color is wearing off after a few years I am not going to be happy and I will go back to fabric. So now I need to decide. Buy long distance and get City Sofa in Cavalier, at a price that will not kill me if it doesn't last, and it will be a lesson learned. Pay 600-700.00 more for the same sofa locally but have someone who can go to bat for me if need be and pay a visit to see it if I have problems. Pay even more (guessing probably 1500.-1600.00 more) and drop the ottoman but go up to a full aniline leather from a long distance seller and it WILL kill me if it doesn't last, lol. I like to use local businesses when I can. Not sure if I can afford to this time and not sure if I can afford NOT to.