Thread: tyree2

tyree2 Guest

Default tyree2

I have (2) leather chair recliners that needs the mechanisms replaced. The chairs were purchased from the Leather Factory in the mid. 2000, the leather is no longer in business. The mechanism are Leggett & Platt. The part# is 2E746PAPR. the chairs # is 8811-00.
    I need help in locating the manual mechanism for both chairs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: tyree2

I would suggest calling Leggett and Platt directly and see if they will either sell to you or point you to a distributor who will.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tyree2 Guest

I contacted Leggett & Platt and was told that the replace model was no long available, however they sold me one they said should work. The bottom line it did not recline like the original mechanism. That is the reason I only purchased 1.Are you aware of any place that repair mechanisms? I live in Northern California?
    Thanks.
    Claude

Mechanisms are notoriously fussy to repair, they never seem to last very long from people that tell me they did a home repair. Usually the rivets will shear and then the unit bends. 99% of the the time the mechanism gets replaced or the recliner disposed of and replaced entirely.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.