I've been anxiously awaiting for this recliner to arrive, because its the Best Recliner I have ever sat in - and believe me - I've sat in a heck of a lot of leather recliners over the past three decades. This is not faint praise, I knew it the instant I tried it out in the H&M showroom at the High Point Market in October, and now that one has arrived to go on my showroom floor, I still think its the best I've ever come across - at least for what I like. Now we all know that comfort is subjective and I am quite sure there will be folks try this out and will say "I don't like the way it sits", so you have to drill down on that a bit more as to why I like this unit so much.

Let's start with motorcycle seats, something I am very familiar with. Motorcycle makers - especially Harley Davidson - build soft seats that feel really good in the showroom when you swing a leg over the bike. But then when you go on the road, that soft seat just becomes unbearable after three or four hours in it because its not supportive. On every bike I have ever owned I ditch the stock seat and get one that is firmer and supportive, those you can ride for hours on end, day after day.

This Monaco recliner reminds me of that motorcycle aftermarket seat. The unit is not all cushy and pillowy, like the H&M Journey Recliner is (a unit I would be squirming in after an hour). This one is supportive and feels really good on my back, and the seat is "Just right" with the optional Ultra Down Cushion, again supportive with no mushiness or pillow feel to it, probably due to the thinness of the seat core. The back angle is less reclined and more upright than in older design units, and I like that a lot. Finally the wide arms are perfect for balancing that iPad or laptop on during commercials....In a nutshell, if I were to buy a new recliner for myself today - this would be the one. Wood finish is Premium Denmark, nail trim is S, All lacing is done by hand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	10657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0019.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	10658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	10659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	10660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	10661