Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore # 6277-1-L Monaco Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished w/ Hand Lacing

Default Hancock and Moore # 6277-1-L Monaco Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished w/ Hand Lacing

Ordered for stock, but it won't be on my sales floor - I took it home to put in my family room and is replacing my H&M Sadler Recliner. So yes, I like this chair a lot. My wife approved as did my 6' 4" son. Lots of natural markings on the leather, healed scars, fat wrinkles, etc. Don't order this leather unless you like this sort of thing (I happen to love it). Ultra Down Seat, and R / S nail trim. Has a fair amount of back angle tilt for lounging and the hand lacing is an extra-cost option on this chair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	1787 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	8975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	1363 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	8976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg 
Views:	1474 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	8977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	8978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	1252 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	8979

Now the only problem is I'd like to replace both my old Leathercraft sofas with the new Monaco sofas that are in the same room!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 6277-1-L Monaco Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished w/ Hand La

in my home....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monaco2.jpg 
Views:	1388 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	8981
    Duane Collie

deandome Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 6277-1-L Monaco Chair in Hyde Park Earth Burnished w/ Hand La

I called H&M and asked if they'd make me a Monaco sectional, and they will! Quote was sent to my dealer (Toms Price), and it's actually super-reasonable.

My question is, how do you like the lacing? Is that leather, or something else? I'm a little worried that the lacing could become something that wears out easily...are you confident it will hold up (if not, would the warranty cover that?)?

Also, it looks like your seat cushion has welting on the seams, but in the photos on H&M's website, it looks like there isn't (but there is on the back cushions). Did you have to ask for that special

Thanks for your input!!

Dean
    Libertyville, IL

My chair is standard other than premium wood finish, ultra down seat and back, and hand-lacing. Keep the lacing treated with the proper leather conditioner and it will easily last the life of the chair.
    Duane Collie

Beautiful chair!

deandome Guest

We just ordered our Monaco sectional in Weston Cane Burnished! We're finalizing the wood finish on Saturday (won't get anything that costs extra, cuz you don't see much wood). I'm a LITTLE concerned about the angle of the back cushion being too severe, but in the photos on the H&M site, the sofas look to have a little less pitch than the chair. Because the sectional is custom, I think I can/will request that the pitch match up to one of the models Toms Price has on the floor (I read somewhere that they do that kinda thing @ no charge...true?). Or I'm sure it's fine the way it is, too...we'll see!

I should also note that the "super-reasonable" pricing I initially got from our salesman was indeed a mistake (miscalculation in the markup and/or sale-pricing). It's still not much more than a similar "Your Way" or 'Campaign' sectional...but not the jaw droppingly low price I first got.
    Last edited by deandome; 09-01-2016 at 12:31 PM.

You cannot spec a pitch angle, that won't happen. However the back cushions are attached with a Velcro strip, so you can position them in a range of about 10 degrees by placing at different spots on the Velcro. Easy to do.
    Duane Collie

This is one of the colors I am considering, it is interesting that outside in the light it has a Caramel Orange tint to it, but in your home it does not at all. I much prefer the picture of it in your home, this may have moved to the top of my list. :-)

I am just wondering if this color fits well with the style of the Sundance.

Depends on what leather you are using on the Sundance.
    Duane Collie

Sorry Duane what I meant was I’m thinking about this actual color for the Sundance, have ever seen the Sundance in Hyde Park Earth?