Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSRP

Default Re: MSRP

BTW, since Dmarie really would like my delivery team to bring her future-new H&M sofa to NYC for her rather than using a delivery service (like we did last time with her recliners) but NYC city is 5 hours from my store and I can't send my guys up there in the truck for less than $ 900 (with one stop in downtown). That's what it costs me to do a round trip with my two men, Tom & Jim). Tolls alone are about $ 150 in that corridor plus three tanks of diesel fuel. The reason I mention this is that I told Dmarie that if we can get a few more orders in the metro NYC region during the same delivery window, we can split the costs of the run. I don't use my delivery charges as a profit center - just need to break even on them.

So if any of that are in the I-95 corridor from Baltimore to NYC and want to share a trip, let's talk and see if we can coordinate that trip. Last time we did this, by chance we had (5) stops between NJ, NYC and Long Island, and it worked out really well for all.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Will you be going through Connecticut?

Last time I checked, Connecticut is on the OTHER side of NYC ! But hey, we can pretty much go anywhere if the customer is willing to pay for the delivery. We have delivered as far south as Atlanta GA and as far north as Maine, and as far west as Chicago in years past. For long hauls though, its usually for a customer that is buying twenty or more pieces.
    Duane Collie

Hmmm. I don't think so. Many people commute from CT to NYC.

But I don't suppose you currently have a City sofa in Cavalier Mocha in your store, do you?

Yes I do. In fact, I have one on the showroom floor and also a brand new one in the H&M carton in the warehouse. Both # 9840 models in Cavalier Mocha. Both ready to go.
    Duane Collie

I was looking for standard cushions, which you probably have, and black or silver nails, which you probably don't. So I would need the details. I am also on the other side of CT, near the Mass line, 133 miles from NYC. It seems unlikely that it would be cost effective to pay for shipping from the factory to you and then you to me, but you never know. You would have to figure out a route, how much out of your way it would be and how much it would cost. Maybe with enough people sharing the cost. If it seems reasonable cost and time wise for you, I would certainly consider it.

Nails are a custom order only on the City series - and when I order for the floor its not something I put on those pieces.

You are correct, 133 miles from NYC would not be cost effective to deliver! That's another 5 hours and tank of fuel round trip....
    Duane Collie

FWIW, I would not really have any concerns getting delivery from Sun Delivery. If someone is really picky I think they could pay extra to have it kept in the original factory box.

OK, my math was wrong. The price I got on the Rita sofa was 55% off MSRP (3888.00) before the President's day sale. I will probably still go with the City Sofa, but it doesn't seem likely I could get better than that, although I will check it out just so I don't regret not finding out. I am picky about long distance sellers I would use, but I would certainly be happy to order from Duane if it made sense. I kind of agree that having only one sofa, I should probably go for comfort over style. Thank you for all your help and opinions.