Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7170 Script Recliner (Petite) in leather Lyric Shadow

Default Hancock & Moore # 7170 Script Recliner (Petite) in leather Lyric Shadow

It took me ten years to get Hancock and Moore to build this recliner, they were not sure it would sell - and I told them it would. It's a small scale unit, the first recliner they have made for those under 5'- 4". I have had so many women come in the store over the years and say 'Why can't they make a recliner for us so our feet can touch the floor instead of dangling all the time?" It's not easy to see the scale in the photos, so I also took two shots of this recliner with a standard Windsor Chair in one photo, and in the other shot next to a mid-size H&M Rugby recliner. This is not yet on the H&M website, so the specs measure by me are:

H: 40.5"
    W: 31"
    D: 35"

SD: 17.5"
    SH: 18.75"
    SW 19.5"
    AH: 22.5"

So ladies - here it is, this is your chair. Prove me right!

BTW, this new Lyric Series leather is very, very nice. It's a GR 2 leather that you would never think was a finished hide, it looks and feels like a pure aniline. The photos don't show how nice it really is. This recliner is in my showroom as of this date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg 
Views:	713 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	10668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	10669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	10670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0007.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	10671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	10672
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7170 Script Recliner (Petite) in leather Lyric Shadow

More

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	10673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	10674
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7170 Script Recliner (Petite) in leather Lyric Shadow

It looks very nice and I bet it is very comfortable. Do you know where in the price range it likely fall? I know you can't give specifics, but maybe msrp of one or two grades of leather? I am just 5'3" and shrinking, so that this would interest me down the road. I hope they are picked up by enough stores to make it feasible to try one out in person. It looks like a style that would fit in with a variety of sofa styles.

I have two of the new Script recliners back in stock now, both identical to the one in this original photo. The one I just put in the store is next to the H&M Manning recliner so you can see the size proportion difference. This recliner is really made for women who are 4' 11" to 5' 5" and to my knowledge is the only one from any supplier to address the needs of petite ladies to have a recliner that fits them.

I pushed a long time for H&M to make this, and hope you ladies will support that by buying these - otherwise it will disappear if it doesn't generate sales numbers!

Name:	IMG_0849.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	10998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1650.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	10999
    Duane Collie

Duane, would you mind confirming if this petite version is still available, or under a different model number than 7170? I trust your assessment, but I'm seeing different dimensions on the H&M website for the Script Lounger.

Your measurements:
    SD: 17.5"
    SH: 18.75"

H&M Website measurements
    SD: 19"
    SH: 21"

I'm excited about potentially getting this chair for my wife, and thank you for pushing for a product for those who need smaller dimensions!

There is only one version of this recliner and putting a tape on the one I have in the store it measures:

18" Seat Depth
    18.5" Seat Height
    20" Seat Width

31" overall width
    37.5" Overall height
    37" overall depth

Dimensions on H&M's website are often inaccurate, and of course there is variance from one to another due to the hand-made nature of the piece. Those specs above I walked out to my floor model and measured. The real two keys are the seat height and seat depth, that's what makes the difference for those who are say 5" 1" to 5' 6" - the target range for this unit. I've had ladies under 5' tall try it and it's still too tall for them to put their feet on the floor when upright, but its still better than anything on the market to my knowledge.
    Duane Collie

Are they able to customize the measurements at all like they can with a sofa? Seems like it would be too complicated with a recliner. But it would be nice for someone who wants a little more, ummmm, tushy room, in the seat width.

Motion furniture is generally much more restrictive on customization because of the mechanisms. Generally the answer is no, but if you are serious about it we can put in a request for a quote.
    Duane Collie

Not at the moment, but I will be in the future. I really like the chair, and it sounds like it would be much better for me, but I don't want you to waste your time until I am ready to pull the trigger. Thanks.