Thread: Lazy Boy Vs Flexsteel

twinlights6 Guest

Default Lazy Boy Vs Flexsteel

Hi -

We want to buy a sectional and we have it narrowed down to the James by Lazy Boy, or the Triton by Flexsteel. Price wise they are within a few hundred of each other, so we're not worried about the price difference. The Lazy Boy seems a bit more comfy or cushier, the Flexsteel more firm. I'm worried about the Lazy Boy getting too soft over time, but also wondering if the Flexsteel would soften a little over time, because it's pretty firm. Quality, I've heard good and bad about both. Can anyone provide any feedback? Thanks!

Default Re: Lazy Boy Vs Flexsteel

I had a La-Z-Boy couch maybe 10 years ago and it was junk. Colors from the fabric bled onto clothes, the decking was worn out after less than a year, and so on. I would not recommend their products. I cannot speak to Flexsteel. Good luck in your search!

I would buy a Flexsteel before LA-Z-BOY given those two choices.

However - neither is really on my radar.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

twinlights6 Guest

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

twinlights6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I would buy a Flexsteel before LA-Z-BOY given those two choices.

However - neither is really on my radar.
    Thanks for your reply! I've read several of your posts, which makes me a bit skeptical of both. However, it's what we can afford, and the higher end stuff doesn't make the style we like. One thing I read often on the Flexsteel is about the fabric, and if I remember it's typically their leather. With that said, we're not big on leather, so that's not what we're looking at. The fabric is 100% polyester, and their highest rated for durability. Any knowledge if most of their issues are with leather or fabric as well? We're easy on our furniture, our kids our grown and have only a 13lb dog. I don't believe the Triton is part of the Latitudes line, I think it's made in Mexico, but not sure if that makes it better or not. Our first sectional was a Lane, and it lasted a good 13 year or so, and we only replaced it because my daughter poked a hole in the fabric, other than that, it was structurally good. The current Lane sectionals however, were not comfortable. So with all that said, we've always bought this level of furniture and always had good luck. Right now we have a Smith Bros sofa, and were just updating this time. I'd appreciate anything to look out for with either brand. I think we're leaning toward the Flexsteel though, because all the furniture retailers around here recommend Flexsteel over Lazy Boy. Thanks!

I can tell you that I personally would not buy any motion piece in 100% Polyester. All man-made fabrics pill with use and motion pieces do so at a much higher rate than stationary. Leather is the way to go on friction pieces - it lasts so much longer (avoid any bicast or bonded leathers be sure you know what you are buying) There is no value if it wears out prematurely and it would be costly to recover. I would not expect a polyester motion piece to go to much more than 7 to 8 years before is shows obvious pilling, based on my experience.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.