Thread: Leather glider/rocker advice

Mkmunro Guest

Default Leather glider/rocker advice

I am in search of 2 leather chairs. Ideally, I would like to have one be a rocker/glider and the other recline only. My husband is 6'4" so needs a big chair. I'm looking for something more tailored than the bustle back. Comfort is very important. None of our local furniture store have leather gliders to sit in. Does anyone know of a good looking leather glider/recliner? I did see a couple options on bradington young website the Aaron and the Henley. Can anyone speak to their comfort?

Default Re: Leather glider/rocker advice

For a large guy (I am 6' 3" and currently out of shape at 270) the Sundance recliner (http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...dance-Recliner) from Hancock and Moore is hard to beat. It might not be your style, honestly it wasn't mine at first, comfort was factor #1 for my new chair selection. The Sundance is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. You can take the dimensions of the Sundance (seat height, seat depth, back height, etc.) and look at other chair specs that are similar to get an idea of what will seat a large guy comfortably.

We normally like symmetry, but we ended up getting a his and hers recliner for our new living room (but matching leathers). We actually got this chair for my wife http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...r-Lyric-Shadow - she is 5' 6" and my mother (5' 2") both love that chair.

The majority of swivel/glider recliners are done on mid-size to compact frames, so it may be challenging to find one that fits your 6' 4" husband.

Here's the big and tall man recliners (non-bustle back) that I would recommend:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...h-Leg-Recliner
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...g/Max-Recliner
    https://taylorking.com/product.asp?PID=5668&CID=10

Most the larger recliners DO have bustle backs, so its not easy to find ones that do not.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Mkmunro Guest

Thank you! Are you familiar with the by Henley? That may fit. I do like the hm recliners. Do any of them have a swivel glider that would coordinate. I do not need the recliner function in my chair. Thank you!

This is a little confusing. In your first post on this thread you said "Does anyone know of a good looking leather glider/recliner?". Then some were suggested and you said "Do any of them have a swivel glider that would coordinate. I do not need the recliner function in my chair." If you found one that fit your other needs, being a rocker/glider, but also reclined, would you rule it out? It might be easier to get 2 chairs that recline that go together even if you won't use the function in one of them.

The B-Y Henley may not be tall enough for your husband, its 40.5" high so that's a mid-size unit.
    Duane Collie

Mkmunro Guest

Thank you! I was able to find a 42" tall Smith Brothers recliner that has a coordinating rocker/glider but again husband not able to sit in it to test. Do you know what height is best for tall? What we are replacing are tilt back little over 40 inch tall and husband doesn't complain - those are bustle back. Thanks so much for your help. I really like the HM recliners you suggested but not able to find a rocker/glider on website to coordinate.

My son is 6' 4" and typically I find most men (and him) prefer something with back heights 44" or taller.

If you are willing to get a bustle back unit, your options will expand. Good luck.
    Duane Collie