Thread: Comparing Brands of Sectionals

jtfoster Guest

Default Comparing Brands of Sectionals

I'm looking at leather sectionals. It seems my price limitations are driving me to the following brands. Can anyone give me an idea if there are specific ones to run away from or is any stand out amongst the other. Pros and cons of each would be appreciated.

FlexSteel
    Southern Motion
    Catnapper
    Palliser
    Laz-y-Boy

Or if you have any other ideas of brands I haven't mentioned that are typically in this price range ($3000-$4500) I'd appreciated the input.

Thanks
    Jeff

Default Re: Comparing Brands of Sectionals

Comparing brands and actually being able to sort them all out instead of speculating is Consumer Reports stuff. Unless you either buy one of each of those and tear it down OR get to the factory of each facility and see how they are made (some of those factories are in China) then you can't really compare and contrast except as heresay or with some prejudices. It's really beyond the scope of this forum to do so, sorry.

Know the leather you are buying. DO NOT buy bonded or bicast "leather" or pieces made from the splits. You want Top Grain leather on all surfaces. Do not buy any piece with Pirelli Webbing suspension. Push on the arms - if they flex, avoid the piece. Those three criteria alone will get you a long ways to getting something that won't be in the landfill in 48 months. Oh, and do not take what the salesperson says as gospel - determine in writing, especially on the leather used.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.