Thread: Taylor King

Default Taylor King

With the H&M sale behind us now until Feb 2010, I can tell you that I just picked up the Taylor King line of furniture upholstery. This is a premium line that is known for their vast selection of fine fabrics the way that Hancock and Moore is known for leathers. And boy, do they have fabrics.....the freight truck rolled up and unloaded eleven boxes of samples and a dealer set up kit. It took myself and one of my part time delivery guys fifteen man hours to put them on the hangers and reconfigure my hanging swatch section to accommodate all of them. Must be close to 3,000 fabrics, or as my delivery guy said to me "if someone can't find a fabric they like in this line, then they don't really want to buy a sofa."

http://www.taylorking.com/

Excellent craftsmanship, wide product line, comfortable sit. Probably won't use them much for leather but the they have first class fabrics, for sure.

On the way out in my store.....Johnston Benchworks Country Upholstery, and Leathercraft upholstery.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

hallmart Guest

Default Re: Taylor King

We just fell in love with a H & M chair - is there a sale in Feb 2010?

Yes, 5% off all pieces NOT in the Town and Country line on H&M
    Duane Collie

MartyRL Guest

Interesting about the fabrics - because my wife and I are considering a Taylor King sofa (Miller Sofa, 4913-03) but CAN'T find a fabric we like. We are looking for a dark blue or dark indigo in a soft fabric (chenille like). I've looked at the fabrics on the TK website and it seems like they are all lighter / traditional fabrics - with few dark fabrics and NO dark blue fabrics that I can see. We also went to a local store that sells TK and they only had maybe 8 hangers & we didn't find anything we liked. They also carried Flexsteel and we liked lots of their fabrics, however I'm reluctant to purchase a Flexsteel sofa based on comments on this site & others. So - my question is - are there more fabrics than are shown on the TK website and 2) Can you recommend any dark fabrics with a 'softer' feel that might be compatible with this style sofa?

MartyRL Guest

I also looked on the H & M, Councill & Jessica Charles website. The closest I could find to what I am looking for is the Jessica Charles 'Piedmont Indigo' but really want something a little darker (but hard to say looking at photos on the web site). Also - this was shown as a 'Grade 3' but your conversion chart doesn't show Jessica Charles Grade 3.

Fabric colors follow trends, and dark blues are not 'in' right now, the color of the moment are tans, beiges and neutrals, so you won't find much in dark blue from any makers, but there are a few in everyone's lineup. I have close to 1,500 Taylor King fabrics in my store, I find it curious that a store only has 8 hangers of them! While they keep the web site on TK fairly well updated on fabrics, it may not show the latest/greatest from them. You can always COM (Customer's Own Material) and bring your own material to the build as well. Sorry, but its nearly impossible for me to select a fabric for you based on comments, here.

There is no "GR 3" in Jessica Charles - unless its a leather.
    Duane Collie