Thread: Hancock and Moore - Viking Chestnut - Photo Request

towster2 Guest

Default Hancock and Moore - Viking Chestnut - Photo Request

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am interested in the HM September Sofa (9749) from the "just in time" program in Viking Chestnut. I have read the previous posts where it is made clear that the other color in this promotion, Document Copper, is very mottled and splotchy. In all the catalog material I have seen it is unclear whether the photo shown is of the couch in Viking Chestnut or Document Copper. I have seen an actual swatch of Viking Chestnut and really like the color, but my concern is whether or not the couch will have a mottled pattern like the Document Copper. Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated!!

Default Re: Hancock and Moore - Viking Chestnut - Photo Request

There is a rather ample photo library here on the forum of H&M products. Go to the search box at upper right and type in the leather you are looking for and see what results you get back. If there are photos available you will see them in the category of PHOTOS in the results.

BTW, the September is currently in the JIT program also in Document Copper (below)- which I think looks really good on it. The Document Copper will go away when they have the kits exhausted for it and it will soon only be available in the Viking. This unit is currently in my store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	10757
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

towster2 Guest

Thanks for the response. I did check the photo section. The closest color I could find was viking cordovan. In general do the document colors have a mottled appearance? and the viking colors are more solid and consistent?

Viking tends to be less high-low, less sheen, not as soft as Document. Cordovan and Chestnut in Viking are VERY close in color to one another.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I can see the color pattern you are talking about in the photo and what you call mottled and splotchy. I don't think you are referring to the sheen but it might be what Duane is calling "high-low". It sounds like you are looking for color consistency more like the Cavalier leathers. I found this picture of the Viking Cordovan and I can still see that type of mottling in the color but it does seem less pronounced. Hope its helpful.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=viking