Thread: Hancock & Moore New Pricing going into effect March 26th

Default Hancock & Moore New Pricing going into effect March 26th

New price books are in the mail from Hancock & Moore with new pricing effective March 26th, Monday.

I do not yet have the books, however I had a customer in the store looking to buy a H&M Manning Recliner and they wanted to know how much it was going up so I made a phone call. In a GR 2 leather, it was $ 200, so that was about 8% on that item. That's a significant price increase and I have no idea if its across the board or not - we will find out when the book arrives.

Anyways, just a heads up for those considering a purchase. My last day in the store before vacation will be Friday the 23rd, so any orders beyond that date will have to be re-checked and the quotes revised.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-14-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore New Pricing going into effect March 26th

Price books arrived today. All pieces look to be increasing - so be aware you will need new price quotes very shortly!
    Duane Collie

Note that the H&M Promotional programs - Town & Country / Just in Time are unaffected by this new price book and I expect they will not seen changes or revisions until June of this year.
    Duane Collie

I can't thank you enough for that clarification because I was confused. My wife and I want pieces from the JIT promo, but we are caught in "analysis paralysis" right now...

H&M has been doing the two promos separately from the main books, I think mostly just to spread out the work load for their staff. So for the past few years, the changes on promos are rarely done at the same time as the main price book. While I can't guarantee things - I would be very surprised if either JIT or T&C had any changes made to it in any way between now and July 1. If you have questions on any of the items, the forum is the place to ask!
    Duane Collie

MGH88 Guest

Duane - I've seen a few of your posts and how you have helped many people out. . . so I wanted to ask a Q of my own as I am in the middle of a sofa / sectional hunt and trying to determine the price point I want to buy at etc. We have 2 young kids 5 & 8 and that is influencing the decision to some extent .... go full tilt and get great quality and it should survive, or go half way with something nice but 1/2 the price and expect to have to replace it in 7-10 years. . . We are close to Charlotte and spent a day up in Hickory at Furniture Mart - saw a couple of viable options from Natuzzi (A397) at about $1.7K each (we'd need 2) and then today I saw a lovely H&M Ava sofa $3.6K ea - and then a Carolina Custom Leather sectional that was $7.5k (we'd need just the one). . . The shop I was in today Stickley Audio and seems very legit and no pressure from the sales people, and they highly rated CCL and looking online it *appears* to be quality materials and manufacture, I have no idea if it's as good as H&M and if not what differential there is between them... but there are not a lot of reviews out there for me to judge from. I guess I am interested in any thoughts you have or if, with your experience, you can prod me with what questions I need to be asking myself to arrive at the best decision.

The sectional is here: http://www.ccleather.com/index.php/p.../424-sectional - available in custom arm width and seat depth (we need 22" as my wife wants to have her feet on the floor comfortably when sat).... If you know if there is a similar style from other more well known manufacturer's that might be another option? Just a thought!

Thank you for any help or feedback you can provide!
    Last edited by MGH88; 03-19-2018 at 04:13 PM.

It's very hard to recommend something as I don't know your budget constraints, your lifestyle, or really the inner details of Carolina Custom Leather.

I can tell you however, that I raised all my my kids from birth through college on top-quality furniture with pure aniline leathers and it is still in use 30 years later. I'm in the camp of buying the best you can afford because (generally) its built to a high level and can take the use without marked deterioration. Sure it's going to show some wear - what product doesn't? However the better made pieces will perform well year after year after year.

I can also tell you if I had a dollar for everytime I've heard "it's as good as Hancock and Moore for a lesser price" than I'd have a really nice nest egg! Anyone that is truthful in the industry and knows what they are talking about - will acknowledge H&M as Best in the Industry. It may cost more - but that's because you get best-in-class in all components. If there's a better brand, I'd carry it. I saw Carolina Custom at the High Point Market a few years ago and it didn't really impress me so I didn't spend much time in the showroom - but that doesn't mean it's not built well.

Learn from info here on the forum, go forth and use that knowledge to push-pull-examine the piece and buy in your comfort zone - you'll be good to go.
    Duane Collie

MGH88 Guest

Thanks, and I think that's great advice on push/pull & examine.