Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hancock & Moore Meadows Sofa

I can't say for sure that the Restoration will fit, but it might.

"Unobstructed" means a straight shot through the doorway, with no walls or corners leading or departing from the doorway for at least the length of the sofa.

The safe bet when dealing with small door openings is to make sure your doorway height top to bottom is longer than the sofa. That way if things get really tight, the sofa can be stood on end to get through the opening. I've taken many a sofa in vertically that will not go through a door horizontally.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Nancy Guest

Default H & M Studio chairs in small living room

Our living room is small (13' x 20' furniture layout space). Three years ago, I shopped online for two chairs and an ottoman for conversational seating to go opposite our sofa. We settled on the H & M Studio chairs and ottoman because they fit well in the small space. The leather we chose is Williamsburg Harness class 3 protected. I will post pictures so you can take a look. With two boys, ages 9 and 11, I'm pleased with the chairs for standing up to usage. However, I'd like the chair backs to be less reclined in their angle of repose by a few degrees. Soft down insert needlepoint cushions solve the comfort issue. We get a lot of natural bright light in northern California so the interesting & rich dark brown Williamsburg Harness color looks good.

Nancy Guest

Default H & M Studio chair pictures in our home

Our living room is 13 feet wide. The H & M Studio chairs fit well in the narrow space. If I'd known about Duane's furniture store and helpful expert furniture knowledge back when I'd ordered these, I'd have opted for the backs to be less reclined for everyday sitting. Jinx, our kitty, doesn't have permission to sit on the leather chairs. His front paws are declawed so the sofa isn't shredded, but he takes to jetting around the house in the mornings and uses his hind claws to lauch himself. There are a couple tiny claw scuffs on one seat cushion. A firm PSSsst keeps him off the chairs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4816_1.JPG 
Views:	483 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4818_1.JPG 
Views:	509 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4810_1.JPG 
Views:	508 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	457  

Your room looks very nice, Nancy! Just one suggestion....get a nice rug to go between the sofa and chairs and it will give you a burst of color, and cut down on sound echos as well. Something in earth tones...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Nancy Guest

Default sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Your room looks very nice, Nancy! Just one suggestion....get a nice rug to go between the sofa and chairs and it will give you a burst of color, and cut down on sound echos as well. Something in earth tones...
    Yes, a rug would be nice. I'd love one in earth tones by Elizabeth Eakins (in my dreams). There is a local carpet person who will cut remnants to size and finish the edges. He does a beautiful job. We have a Mohawk textured piece in the media room. And, ouch, molding needs finished too. We are DIYers so it's a slow process.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Meadows Sofa

Bumping this topic up, although I don't have much hope the original poster is still around. I wonder if that person or anyone else has bought the Meadows sofa? I keep coming back to it for looks and proportion. We have a narrow family room just 12' wide, and due to the wide doorway to the living room at one end, not a lot of length for a sofa. This is one of the few I could find at 80", and I do like it. Duane has said "be careful of the low back," but he is a lot taller than my husband and I are. Well, a lot taller than me, a little taller than my husband. Our current sofas (living room, family room, upstairs guest room) are all about the height, and we are comfortable on them.

However, I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money without actually sitting in it. I was almost all set to buy a tufted-back Utopia in a burnished leather, until I sat in it for about 15 minutes and discovered the squeaking of the burnished leather drove me nuts. No way could I live with that! So glad I sat it in for an extended time and discovered that.

The City Sofa would be ok, but I'm finding it difficult to get excited about that choice, and it's just a bit larger than I had hoped for. Not by much, and it could work, but still - dimensions of the Meadows look perfect. So I'm hoping there is someone out there who has it and can comment on it. Thanks.