Thread: First Timer

Default First Timer

This is my first time posting but I have been following the forum for a few weeks and have learned so much!! Thank you Duane!!
    I finally found a local store that had a HM Rickie sofa on the floor. I was so excited because I was hoping to order one from the JIT program but I wanted to try it out first. It was beautiful...but it was too deep for me. So disappointed! I am short so looking for a sofa that is not quite as deep. I sat in the City sofa 9840...very comfortable but not the style I am looking for. I also sat in the Meadows 1297. which lists the depth as the same as the Rickie. But that depth was good. But the profile was rather small for the room. Same thing with the Dana 6205. I have read that there can be slight variations from the spec measurements. And I would imagine the style can affect how it sits. My question is, does anyone know of a sofa that sits like the City sofa? I was hoping to find one in the JIT program to keep cost down. If I were younger (a lot) I wouldn't mind spending the money because I know HM is an unbelievable product. But at my age I don't need one to last 30 years but I also don't want to sacrifice a lot in the looks/feels department. I may have to consider BY. But looking on their website, they don't seem to have the selection that HM does. Recommendations? Thank you!!

Default Re: First Timer

There is not much demand for small-seated sofas, they are a limited item so you won't find them in promotional programs from most makers, there is not enough sales volume to justify their inclusion. In H&M's JIT program the City and perhaps the Ava sofas are the most compact.

Taylor King makes a small scale sofa as well called the Bitsy, but it looks like the City sofa from H&M https://www.taylorking.com/product.asp?PID=5947&CID=23

You can always have a Ricki custom-made and decrease the seat depth AND seat height if you wish, but that takes it out of the promotional pricing.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: First Timer

Thank you Duane for such a quick reply! I will check out the Ava. I really would like to take a road trip to see your place! If we could get someone to watch the dogs we would definitely go!