Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me understand

Default Re: Help me understand

Something has struck me a couple of times that I have wondered about. Have you ever asked anyone at H&M why they chose to offer two colors of leather that are so similar in the City Sofa in the Just in Time program, as the Cavalier Mocha and the Kip Mocha? Since there are only 5 choices, it seems like they would want to offer something totally different like a light chestnut or camel, navy blue or even a white or black? Just curious. It might be nice to see one of the caress leathers the employees seem to like so much.

The reason you see that close duplicity is because Cavalier Mocha on a # 9840 City Sofa was originally done as a Town and Country promotional item. They have to buy hundreds of sets of married cover leathers in order to get a price break.

When H&M came out with the Just in Time program, it was designed as a quick ship, less costly program to Town and Country, with fewer items. The Cavalier's were used in JIT because they had the sets, but the Kip series is the one they really intend to use with JIT. So when the Cavalier supply was exhausted, then the leather would move over to Kip and the 9840 would only be available in those Kip colors.

I know as of today they are out of Cavalier Mocha kits for the 9840 City and have a long lead time on re-supply, so apparently they decided to re-order, perhaps the vendor for Cavalier didn't want to lose the business and agreed to sell at Kip price points to keep it going - I don't really know, I'm just speculating on that. However the original intent was to just have the Kip hides, that I know for sure.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

OK, thanks, making a little more sense.