Thread: New to Taylor King. Can you advise?

daykart7 Guest

Default New to Taylor King. Can you advise?

After reading the thread about furniture without negative reviews(ha ha), I almost want to throw in the towel. We have been searching for a sectional that will allow 5 seats plus a chaise and every time I find one, reviews tell me to stay away. We looked at Palliser, Omnia, Natuzzi, Flexsteel and a few others.
    The set up I want is about $12,000 from Hancock and Moore, but that is out of my budget. So, if you can forgive me for saying that I would hate to throw away $6,000 to $8000 on mediocre or less than mediocre furniture, perhaps you can suggest something.

We are looking for leather and while people on this forum rave about Taylor King fabric, there is little that I see about there leather. The web provides a nice description of the furniture, and it looks pretty substantial. I need an armless 3 cushion sofa that I can attach a left arm chaise to. Then I need a corner piece on the right side, to which I would attach a right arm loveseat.

I saw these pieces on the TK web site, but I am not quite sure as to the difference between "standard" and "plush". Also I could not tell if the seat cushions as well as the back cushions can come off or are the back cushions permanent.

I would appreciate any and all advice that anyone can offer.

I am going crazy over this, and it should be a joyful experience...almost as bad a getting ripped off at a car dealer(sorry about that)

Thank you.

Steven

Default Re: New to Taylor King. Can you advise?

I think generally when people are upset about a purchase - they make it a point to write negative reviews across many platforms, a way of "paying back" the manufacturer or dealer. There are far less positive reviews for products because there is no axe to grind so-to-speak, and they move onto the next thing in their lives. So I think you have to be judicious in relying on reviews - certainly they can provide substantial information when factually written, but all too often they can be emotional as well.

Taylor King is a fabric house and as such they have very good deals in that category, not so much in leather. For example, in a standard Depth in Taylor King Portfolio you would be looking at (plus shipping):

-41 LAF Chaise
    -30 3-Seat armless sofa
    -15 L-Corner OR - 81 Wedge (curved) corner
    -22 RAF Loveseat

in a GR2 performance fabric (using the -15 corner) you would be at $ 6,767. Same way in their GR2 leather is $ 12,997, almost twice as much. So a great deal in fabric not so much in leather.

I'd take you over to Bradington Young instead, which has similar build standards to Taylor King. They're a leather house, so that same general configuration would run $ 7,511. That's $ 5K less than TK and that's because they are a dedicated leather house. I'd recommend the B-Y in leather, the TK in Fabric. And of course, the highest build standard is Hancock and Moore, but that will run into the mid-teens with that large a sectional.

"Standard" refers to the inside depth of a piece in TK. "Plush" is 2" deeper and you get a few more pillows as well. "Continental" is even deeper, with more pillows.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.