Thread: USA Premium Leather

WeiFun Guest

Default USA Premium Leather

Does anyone have any experience with USA Premium Leather company's sofas good/bad/indifferent? I'm having a hard time finding anything on the net about them. They claim to do everything right - 8-way hand tied springs, hardwood frames doweled and blocked etc, but construction method and actual quality aren't quite the same. Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

Never heard of them. I've seen a 6th grader put together a better website, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

You're talking about this company? Apparently they have a history.

But where can I find all the claims you recite about their construction?
    Last edited by aaron; 09-13-2009 at 01:53 AM.

WeiFun Guest

Thanks for that link. Makes it seems like their sales practices are a bit dodgy, but there don't seem to be a whole lot of people complaining about the furniture itself (you might get close to perfection in H & M or HC, but can hardly expect it in "entry-level" furniture).

As far as the claims to construction, it's on a tag they ship with the sofa to retailers (some retailers at least also have a little "demo section" cutout to show). Sort of strange that they wouldn't advertise it on their website, but, as the first reply pointed out, their website has to be about the worst I've seen.

Maybe it's like when a fast food chain advertises "grade A beef" - true for as long as the sign is up, then it's back to... how low do the grades go, again? That is to say, they may be promoting a particular couch as being of particularly high quality even though it's not representative of its other products.

What retailer were you at when you saw the cutout? As you saw the tag, where is this furniture manufactured?

WeiFun Guest

The retailer was a little hole in the wall place that I can no longer remember the name of. They claim it's all made in the US, but I have no idea where. Their corporate office is in Salt Lake City, but that doesn't mean that's where the furniture is actually made.