Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some new Spring 2018 Hancock and Moore items I have ordered

Default Some new Spring 2018 Hancock and Moore items I have ordered

My H&M Sales Rep came by my store today and brought me samples of all the new High Point Market leathers - so if you are in Wash DC area and would like to explore them I do have them all. Other dealers will not get them until August. Some nice hides in there and they are doing "Patina" on Hyde Park leathers which is extra-dark burnishing on the edges - so that's something you can order now as well.

I bought four new pieces for stock from the new items. My store is so full, I have no room - so I dialed it back some but thought these were winners:

A new Urban Logic series piece - great for smaller, minimalist areas such as condos and apartments, Great look - not too big. Lower back height and shorter overall depth means its not a space eater.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7641.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	10867

This desk chair from a French Designer is gorgeous and had a market special on it in Angelo Creme. I opted for Java finish, but I REALLY wanted to put a premium finish on it - but the premium finish would push the chair cost over $ 2K and there would be price resistance from customers on it. My sales rep tells me it sits excellent.

Name:	IMG-7643.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	10868

The biggest hit at the Market. It' a smaller Sundance Sofa and Recliner. This was the hottest selling series at the High Point Market in the H&M Showroom I was told and I can see why - over the years MANY people have asked for these. They are about 20% to 25% smaller than the regular Sundance series so we can get them in doorways and smaller residences that could not accept the full size units. The have named these the Redford series - because Robert Redford was the Sundance Kid <rolling eyes>. It will be a while until these arrive, the fall most likely because they are a new Married cover item (Juno Taupe, Juno Oyster and Juno Tobacco*), and it takes time to get new married covers going. That also means these will wind up in the Just in Time or Town and Country. program when its revised.

* Juno Tobacco is a new leather that looks like Gunner Mocha

All these items can be ordered now, expect a time lag in ordering however - Sept / Oct if you do.

Name:	IMG-7642.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10869

Name:	IMG-7644.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	10870
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Some new Spring 2018 Hancock and Moore items I have ordered

The dimensions on the sofa were cut off. Do you know what the back height is? Wondering if it is any lower than the full sized version. Thanks.

36.5” back height
    Duane Collie

A little lower. Thanks. Do you have prices available yet or does that have to wait closer to the time they will be available? Just wondering how it will compare to the City Sofa in price now that the dimensions have been brought down a bit.

Pricing is currently around $ 400-ish higher than the # 9840 City as a new item intro, it's a much more complex unit with curves, nail trim and button tufting. City series is very plain and simple. Long wait times on this new Redford piece in the program leathers, these will not deliver until Fall.
    Duane Collie

Thanks, stilling weighing options if the leather for my sofa is delayed for an extended period of time. I am supposed to get an update on that on Friday. I paid 300.00 more for the City in the end for the nails anyway. Way more than I should have, but it is what it is. At least for a little more the nails would be included.

That's from my store as well (pricing) so be prepared to get a different answer from your local dealer from whom you purchased.
    Duane Collie

Wow...Duane, thank you for this post. Love the Redford sofa...it just might be the one. For some time now, we have been going back and forth between a few small sofas, just unable to decide because one will have something...the right arm etc while another has what may be a more comfortable depth etc.

I was just getting ready to post a new bunch of questions...asking, in your experience, about comfort between Reserve, Member Anderson and whether there is perhaps a smallish sofa we’ve missed and not considered.

And now The Redford...a smaller Sundance. It could just be perfect. I don’t care about the wait...would rather wait than purchase one because it’s a H&C that fits the space etc Love everything about the beautiful Sundance except, for us, its size.

Excited about the Redford...

My H&M sales rep told me that they placed it next to the full-sized 84" Sundance in the showroom and the difference in size was noticeable and remarkable. Most all the dealers that saw it - ordered it. They are also coming out with a smaller chair and ottoman in the Redford series that will be ready for the October Market (the current Sundance chair and ottoman is HUGE).

Trying to tiptoe around pricing on this a bit - without getting anyone upset - but they have an intro price on this to get it going. It's VERY aggressive in those three leathers and I don't know how long that intro price will last, typically they go to the end of June post-Market on most items to give the reps time to make the rounds to their dealers who did attend. Will that price hold up after? I have no idea, but I personally don't think it will - because its a complex sofa that is priced too close to say the Anderson sofa on promo - and there is a lot more work and build in this curved Redford than in an Anderson. I think that price being offered right now is to get presence and impact on the floor, and by the time you see it in person it will probably be higher. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

If you don't mind waiting until the fall when these start shipping - and don't mind a leap of faith in ordering something new - I think the time to get this is right now. I ordered my floor stock one in Juno Oyster. Ping me on the quotes and orders page for pricing.

I will try to get some showroom photos of it as well. No guarantees though.
    Duane Collie

More photos of the Redford series from Hancock and Moore that I was able to get this morning.

Name:	6542-3_Redford_JunCla_MD_0418_BK_HR.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	10878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6542-3_Redford_JunCla_MD_0418_HR.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	10879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7171_Redford_JunGra_MD_0418_BK_HR.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	10880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7171_Redford_JunGra_MD_0418_HR.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	10881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7171_Redford_JunGra_MD_0418_OPEN_HR.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	10882
    Duane Collie