Thread: B&Y Compare across models

Default B&Y Compare across models

Wife and I are interested in Discovery (962-90) and Imagine (960-90) unfortunately not many dealers close to where we live have B&Y in stock.

3 hours away is a store with the Newman (916-90) on display.

Would sitting and laying on the Newman provide us a good judge of the feel for the other two? We have noticed some reclining sofas feel like you are laying across bucket seats with you lay on them.
    Last edited by dalasmith; 05-05-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Default Re: B&Y Compare across models

I can't say - I don't think I've ever laid down on any of my recliner sofas in the store - nor most any of the stationary sofas, either!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks for quick replay...maybe others have tried out products across lines and can advise.

We visited Mount Vernon in October (12 hour trip for us)...I wish I knew about you then and we would have stopped in.

What is ballpark price (example $5000-$5500 or $5000-$6000 if that's easier) on those 2 models in a lower grade leather without shipping?

Yes, my store is about 10 minutes from historic Mt Vernon - 8 minutes if you know the shortcuts.

Either one in GR 1 leather is $ 4,493 + ship costs. They are heavy, so delivery fees are at not trivial, usually plan around 10% of the price of the piece as a very broad ballpark number. Depends on location, too.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi. We've been looking at the Imagine series.
    I totally understand your concern. I was hesitant to buy a recliner-based couch, because I've been uncomfortable when laying across 3 seats on every other reclining sofa I've ever sat in. It turns out that the cushions on the BY sofas are incredibly well padded and smooth. It feels just like lying across any other couch, when lying down.

I will say that Discovery and Imagine do feel a bit different. The 2-part backs are composed differently. The Discover is a bit "poofier", while the Imagine has a tighter/firmer back. That said, they're both fairly similar in comfort/feel and both are incredibly comfortable/supportive couches. The articulating headrest is a really nice benefit while reclining too - especially if you're watching TV.