Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

carmela39 Guest

Default OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

Holy Cow. After almost a YEAR of shopping around for leather sofas and loving the September, we ordered the sofa and loveseat. They are just gorgeous but .....I have to agree with my family, I didn't realize the scale would seem so large compared to our compact sectional...
    So we put them in the empty living room and they look amazing there. The room has a vaulted ceiling and is larger than the space we have in the den so all in all we avoided a disaster.

OK here is the bad news.... the entire family wants a fabric sectional again. We had a HORRIBLE experience with Lazar. The cushions collapsed and the entire sofa looks a mess all the time.
    We sat on a Temple sectional and a Masterfield sectional. They have almost identicle dimensions but the Masterfield is 38 inches high and has a 21 inch seat height and the Temple is 36 inches high with ah 20 inch seat height. The depth is identicle.
    Fabrics are all great.
    So ANYONE have any experience with these co's or could you recommend another company that has samples near NJ????

Hi Carmela,

YIKES! So the September series was too large for the room you intended? I'm sorry to hear that....

I used to carry Temple many years ago. It was just OK, and solid enough, but I didn't like the comfort levels very much or the tailoring, and eventually dropped the line. They may have changed it since then, I've not looked at it in over ten years. Masterfield I have no experience with....sorry.

I'm pretty keen on Taylor King for upholstery right now. Its a Hancock and Moore company, so you know its put together the right way. Should be plenty of dealers in NJ and the fabrics (over 1,500) are terrific. If you get a chance, check them out.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

carmela39 Guest

Thanks Duane.

Yes I agree the comfort level on the Temple was just OK. I will check out Taylor King. Masterfield seems put together nicely and has a nice firm feel to the cores plus a higher back.
    It wasn't so much that the September sofa and loveseat didn't fit. It did...it just seemed really large scale compared to our 132 by 108 sectional, which isn't small actually. Maybe it was the look of the arms etc that seemed really heavy and formal compared to a taylored sectional.
    I have to have my daughter take pics and post them. They really look great in the Living room and we had no furniture there so at the end of the day I wouldn't consider it a mistake...
    Glad we have them.

Agreed. The September series does have a 'weighted' look to it as do most of the pieces in the line built for comfort. I'm glad it worked out well for you in the living room though. Photos would be great! I don't think we have many shots of the September series in the Gallery section.
    Duane Collie

nhpinnacles Guest

Default Re: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

I hope you don't mind my asking but what was it about the leather that your family did not care for? i do not want to make a costly mistake in choosing my new family room furniture. Thanks Susan

I think it was just the pieces were too large for the room, and she moved them to her living room instead.
    Duane Collie

carmela39 Guest

100% right Duane,
    We love the sofas and the leather but the pieces were too big for my size family room. They look great in the Living Room which was empty so no waste! Now I am going to make my Living Room more of a Library, no TV, bookshelves instead etc. Need lighting and curtains, art but I will try to post pics so you can see what they look like.
    I would not hestitate to go with another leather set in the family room but I would look for something with slightly smaller arms. We are considering the city series, less formal looking.

Hi Carmela, I wasn't sure if you were still checking the site! Did you get the large samples of Cavalier I mailed to you last month?
    Duane Collie

carmela39 Guest

Sorry Duane,
    I did get the samples but do to some personal things going on haven't opened the envelope yet. I will get them back to you asap.

bellrom Guest

Does anyone in Northern California have a September sofa or sectional? I think I have narrowed my decesion to the September series but I do not want to spend that type of money without even sitting in the piece?