Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

artielange Guest

Default Re: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

I don't live anywhere near CA but I do own a September sofa and loveseat in Document Copper. I will HIGHLY recommend them for comfort and everyone who comes to my house always asks me about them because they are so comfortable. September seems to be a series often stocked by furniture stores so hopefully you will find one out to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2655.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2803.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	748  

The only way to tell is to call around the dealers. You should be able to find a September sofa, because its a popular model and on T&C. However the sectional has a different configuration and does not sit exactly like the sofa.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bellrom Guest

I did and no one has one. I even asked id they could go through their customer data base to see if any clients who purchased the September in the past was willing to let me sit in theirs. I am still waiting.

Duane, you mentioned the sofa and sectional sit differently? The only difference I saw was the seat height. The sofa's height was higher.

Does that make a big difference?

I also was looking at the dimensions of the Sinclair and it was close to the September. It was a little higher and deeper. and three cushions as opposed to two.

What are your thoughs on a three cushion sectional compared to two?

Would a three cushion provide less "gapping" between cushions?

Do you think that would be a better option for my husband who is 6'2 280lb?

Can you price a Sinclair sectional with a left facing sofa and right facing loveseat (need dimensions/wall space) in a grade 2 leather?

You also mentioned that B&Y was trying to price more aggressively.

Do they have any promo's with any of their sectional?

Thank you.

Yes, the Sectional is straight across the back where as the Sofa is tall in the middle and slopes to the arms on each side. That alters the way the sectional feels to some degree.

I seriously doubt any dealer will call their customer and ask if you can come to another customer's home to try it out. Privacy issues would prevent them from doing so. Ask you local dealer to do bring one in for floor stock! That's my recommendation. I do that all the time for customers, with no strings attached. They appreciate that I'm willing to do that, and 90% usually wind up buying as a result.

More cushions mean less stretch in the hide over time, as the panels are smaller. I always tend to like the three vs two over the same dimension for that reason only (as well as the gapping issue that you mention).

Your Husband would probably Sinclair a bit better since its slightly taller and slightly deeper than the September. Note that the Sinclair is always going to be a more expensive sectional because its a traditional 3-piece unit (wedge, side, side). The September has the corner built into the side/side pieces to keep the price down. You get a neater, crisper look with the Sinclair and its easier to move around, but it will cost more.

That Sinclair Sectional # 9524 series LS/Wedge/Sofa in a grade 2 leather would be $ 8,806 under the current price structure (new prices come into effect 01/10/2010) plus shipping. 134" on the wall on the sofa side, and appx 109" on the Loveseat side.

B-Y sectionals start in Married Cover at $ 3,499 for this unit ( # 727), as Loveseat/Loveseat in selected married cover leathers - available only as shown:

http://www.bradington-young.com/prod...0000&style=727

Its not the same product. As the saying goes, "its like comparing apples and oranges." B-Y services a price point in a well built piece, but half the price, and half the product.
    Duane Collie

bellrom Guest

Smile Re: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

I'm sorry Duane with all of my questions. It's just the more I review the more confussed I get.

I think I know which model I want then I read something that steers me in another direction.

I starting comparing the spec on the Charter to the September. The Charter is higher but not quite as deep and the seat height is shorter.

What's your take on comparing the two?

If I purchase a wedge sectional will the two ends flush against a wall?

If I have two walls at a 90% angle, I know the middle will not but is the design of the sectionals for the ends to flush against the walls?

Last price, left facing sofa and right facing love seat on the
    Charter in grade 2 leather? (At least I know what leather I want)

Thanks.

Never apologize for too many questions - that's what forums are all about...the reason they exist!

I'd have to say that choosing between a Charter and September Sectional is as much about your preference for style as much as anything. The Charter has a thicker, chunkier arm that goes flush to the front of the piece, and the September is set back slightly which I think makes for a less boxed-in look.

There are two types of corners. "L" and curved. The "L" corner is a true 90 degree wedge that looks like this and will fit into the corner nearly flush:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1965

The Charter and September are radius wedges, and will have a rounded back that will leave some dead space in the corner.

The Charter in a Grade 2 (Sofa/Loveseat) is $ 7,868 as a 2-piece unit with the wedge built into 2-pieces. The 3-piece unit would be more.
    Duane Collie

bellrom Guest

The seat height on the September is higher and the overall height shorter that the Charter. The seat depths are almost the same in the September and the Charter with the September having a 1/2 inch more in depth. The Charter sits higher by 3 inches and sits lower in the seat height by 1 1/2. My thought would be if you were a taller person, sitting in the Charter would rest higher in the shoulders and back.

The September has a higher seat and lower back, so if you are sitting lower with a lower back height wouldn't your shoulders and back sit hit at a lower position?

I am so close but I can not figure out which one would sit better for my husband. Both have a similar look.

I was sold on the September until I started comparing the overall height.

In your experience, is a 3 inch height difference going to have a major effect?

Good Morning Duane,

I went back into my post to add a couple of more questions.

I have a pass through wall between my kitchen and family room that is 36 inches high for one part of the sectional and on the other wall for the sectional windows at 36 inches.

From a design standpoint, would it look odd if the sectional is higher than the wall and sits dosen't sit under the windows?

Also, which model is less bulkey/massive in appearence?

I have always liked the September but I think it is the color on the website that is drawing me to the September. Both seem very similar and again I am thinking about my husband.

Do you think the Charter would be more comfortable?

In an earlier post you stated the September was built for "comfort'.

Is the Charter built for comfort?
    Last edited by bellrom; 01-06-2010 at 04:04 PM.

bellrom Guest

Hi Duane,

Still waiting on your expertise.

spbell Guest

Wow, what a great room! I love the 2 chairs you chose and the color is so cool. Are they comfy? Would you mind sharing the style name? Thanks!

artielange Guest

More chair pictures here

Those chairs are #1992 Crenshaw in Weston Sunrise. I love love love them, and they look and feel better as time goes by. I always touch the leather as I walk through the house. I am so happy with them.