Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

Default Re: OMG H&M September Overpowered Den Need sectional help

+ 1 for going Bold. Colors are fun! Same old mid-tone browns get to be B-O-R-I-N-G in leather....shake it up some with some color!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

spbell Guest

Thanks Artie! Hubby says if you ever get tired of the chairs let us know and we'll take them off your hands Hope the weather is cooler where you are!

artielange Guest

When I was little, I had a hand-me-down fringed buckskin leather jacket that I adored, and this leather totally reminds me of that jacket. Can't ever see myself getting tired of these chairs; the leather has deepened a little in color, and it is spectacular. This H-M furniture is in our second home, and we diligently keep it covered when we aren't there. After having all these pieces for 3 years, I almost regret the Document leather on the sofa and loveseat. Yes, it was a cost savings and it got the ball rolling on my H-M obsession, but it almost looks fake next to the other beautiful leathers on the other pieces. I could have chosen other pieces from T&C with better leathers to start with.

I had a good long chat with the CEO of H&M today discussing leathers and consumer choices. We discussed doing more to educate not only the dealer base, but consumers on the various nuances of all the kinds and types of leathers and what we can do to get that information out there.

Piazza and Dream leathers are really coming on strong and Burished leathers continue to remain popular. Leathers like Challenger, Glazed, and Supple don't sell in residential and mainly go on commercial product. Chinese leathers continue to dominate the best value / performance segment, and the fine European leathers will continue to command premium prices.

Once you had the great hides like Weston in your home you find hat he value hides really are different. You can go for budget or simply get what you really like and pay more, that's why there are so many choices. One thing for sure is that in high quality lines such as H&M the longevity of the product is there so it pays to get something you'll be happy with and not just buy a make-do leather because its the lowest price.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.