Thread: Taylor King/Taylor Made question

Default Taylor King/Taylor Made question

We are newbies looking for quality sofas at a reasonable price. We've looked at Ethan Allen but the more research I do, the less I think that's a good fit. I found this forum and read about the Taylor Made line. We would like to stay around (or less than) $2500 per sofa. Both would be about 92". Is that possible with this line? Also, we are in Dallas and I'm struggling to find a retailer who is not an interior designer, I'd prefer a furniture store. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Taylor King/Taylor Made question

Yes, you can get into a Taylor King Portfolio 92" Sofa (Taylor Made series) in the Portfolio fabrics (current as of this date):

Group 1 fabrics: $ 1,889
    Group 2 fabrics: $ 2,122
    Group 3 fabrics: $ 2,354

Plus delivery fees which will vary depending on carrier, but plan on around $ 300 to $ 400. I do enough volume with TK to get free down seat cushions upgrades for my customers as well. Prices vary by dealer. TK is well made and the best bang for the buck I have of the lines I carry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you for the quick reply, I greatly appreciate it! That sounds like a deal to me! We are in TX so I should account for the shipping costs. I'll get online and look at the fabric colors as well. Are you seeing more people buying the standard depth or plush depth? I measured our current sofa and it's the standard depth, we are 5'6" and 5'10" - not very tall but it would be a sofa we'd use to watch tv, etc.

I would suggest standard depth unless you primarily lay down on it a lot. Note the Plush depth comes with four pillows instead of two and is $ 186 more, but considering the extra pillows are half that upcharge, that's not too bad.

It seems from your first post you are looking at a pair of matching sofas - here's an idea for you as well and I've done if for several customers. Get one in Standard depth and another in Plush Depth, typically your eye won't notice much of a difference and you can go to the Plush depth for napping and the standard depth for sitting. Just a thought.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.