Thread: Swivels...again!

Default Swivels...again!

We’re near certain our choice for 80 inches or less width sofa will be the Member Apt size 4106, Member ottoman, and while I’ve concern about the sofa’s overall depth...42 inches, the inside dimensions are fine.

Love the Saunders swivel/glider, but am seeing it only in older photos...is it no longer available as a swivel?

If not, our choices are between the Sullivan..like it very much especially the nails and design of the back, but don’t care for the overlap gathering of upholstery in the center, as opposed to the beautiful tufting on the Benson ((but no nails!) and hear all around good reviews of the Daly...but it is near identical to two chairs in adjoining room. Maybe that doesn’t matter...

Would appreciate hearing any firsthand experience with these swivels...this will mostly be my (5’7”) reading, tv, etc occasional chair

Many thanks...
    Last edited by MacGregor; 05-14-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Default Re: Swivels...again!

Watch for the upcoming Hancock & Moore sale period - that's going to be a good time to buy later this month. This will be a short-window time period - good time to get all your choices made for sure.

I can't recall the Saunders Recliner ever being offered as a swivel / glider unit an don't remember it as a non-motion piece, either. To be on a recliner frame, they have to be a Wall Hugger mechanism. Either way, that's not a current item, sorry.

Sullivan is pretty old school, and those gathers in the center of the back will always be there. The Benson is terrific, but its not what I would think of as a reading chair, more occasional use such as in a conversation group. Daly is a terrific piece of upholstery - very showy. One other to look at is the Tulip Channeled Swivel - that would be the chair I would pick for myself if going for a reading chair that swivels. Couple it with a Boot Stool and you have a winning combo.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks, Duane....I appreciate your first hand experience, and your expertise. And thanks for heads up on the sale. So...Memorial Day weekend?

Also, sincere appreciation for the several years of photograph threads from your market visits. Your photos after you’ve been to the market, the new leathers...some photographed made up, some alongside the leather sample, and always with the tag so we can ID nail colors, the style etc...immensely helpful! And some of your photos are the only photos on the internet of a particular leather. I can google a leather for hours and not find anything, while a quick search/click here not only finds it but sometimes also offers an opinion about its origin, color, quality etc...all very, very helpful. Thank you.

Will check out the Tulip Swivel. Glad to hear the Daly is showy.
    Last edited by MacGregor; 05-14-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Will it be possible to get quotes for what the sale prices will be in advance? I am afraid you will get overwhelmed with requests. If I can get the price in advance and then just place it that weekend if I want to go ahead that might save some time. Especially since it will be a short time sale.

SueCT , I was just thinking the same..how to order timely for the sale...

Thanks for asking...

Sure. Now I am wondering if custom orders will be included. It might only be in stock items. We will have to see what Duane has to say.

I am waiting to hear back from one more supplier (Bradington Young) to see if they wish to participate in the sale period. Right now Hancock & Moore, Taylor King, and Century are on board and it will be both floor stock and orders - however there will be exclusions and/or tiered pricing.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I bought an H&M Geoffrey swivel last summer and really like it. Use it watching TV or reading when there’s nothing on worth watching. It’s very roomy and comfortable. http://hancockandmoore.com/Products/...y-Swivel-Chair
    It’s in the Town and Country promotion, which is a decent savings.