Thread: H&M # 6155-3-t French Curve Sofa in Burl Elm

Default H&M # 6155-3-t French Curve Sofa in Burl Elm

We got this beauty last night. It's quite comfortable, and we love the mottled look of the leather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0169 (1).jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	10904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	10905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0167 (1).jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	10906

Of course working with Duane was a great experience, and we used Sun Delivery. They were very proactive about notifications, arrived during the delivery window, and the driver called when he was 30 minutes out - as they said he would. The only issue I had with them (and I knew about it beforehand) was that they required a cashiers check. This is a minor pain in the neck, and I'm surprised that they didn't have a way of taking a web payment via ACH. I can understand why they don't want to use credit cards (disputes), but even the guy who comes out and services our water system has an online option for payment.

Now, we're just waiting for the two articulating recliners that will complete the living room seating.

Dave
    Last edited by davez; 05-10-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Default Re: 6155-3-T French Curve Tufted Sofa in Burl Elm

WOW ! That is gorgeous ! Enjoy it in great health !!

That' a beauty, Dave! That is also the sofa I like the most for my house (I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me replace our 18-year-old Leathercraft units with the H&M French Curve Sofa). She wants to get another year or two out of ours since we have a wedding to pay for in the not-too-distant future, but that's my top pick of all that is out there, The sit on those is excellent.

I have talked to the Executive VP of Sun (Aimee Boozer) about accepting credit cards and other forms of payment and they don't want to change the way they do things. Credit card add 3% to the total (no matter where you use them) and ACH takes too long to generate and clear. I agree its a pain - and old school. Their system is rigid, and when customers ask me to take care of the payment (which I don't mind) it does add 3% and slows everything down 7 to 10 days because they have to get my check in the mail before they will clear the order for processing and shipment. So that doesn't work very well either, because it holds up the orders and can add more to the charge with the CC surcharge. Sometimes its easier and quicker to go to 7-11 and get a money order than to the bank for a certified check.

I see you have the sofa up against a large window. Watch for sun fade, that leather will lose its color if the windows/doors do not have a UV blocker on them, either in the glass as Low-E glass or an aftermarket solar film.

Thanks for your business! Your recliners will be about 30 days behind the sofa I think.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Very nice! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Wow, davez...just wow. That is a beautiful sofa and the leather is fantastic. Loving everything about that!

TXCajun

P.S. - davez, would you share information regarding the rug shown with your new sofa? Maker, what it's made of, etc.? It's very pretty.

I agree, the first French Curve sofa we had come through the store was this one. I try them all out prior to delivery, and I really like the sit on it. Not everyone will - its very subjective of course - I can say this is what I would currently buy for myself however, that's how good I think it is.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...t=french+curve
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCajun View Post
    Wow, davez...just wow. That is a beautiful sofa and the leather is fantastic. Loving everything about that!

TXCajun

P.S. - davez, would you share information regarding the rug shown with your new sofa? Maker, what it's made of, etc.? It's very pretty.
    Hi TXCajun - This is an amazingly cheap rug that we bought just to see how we liked having a rug in the living room (we had taken all of the carpet out when we remodeled and put in some higher end oak. I really liked the look of the floors but the living room was not tying together without a rug.) My intention was to replace it with a nice wool rug, when we came across one we liked. However, my wife really likes it, so it may stay awhile. It comes in a ton of shapes and sizes from Joss and Main. Its a cheap polyester rug, but it does look nice and is fairly soft to the touch. I don't expect that it will last very long, but will buy us some time to find a nice wool rug. Here's a link - https://www.jossandmain.com/rugs/pdp...?piid=22619850 The photo of the side of the couch is the closest to the actual color of the rug. The other two photos are closer for the color of the couch.
    Last edited by davez; 05-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davez View Post
    Hi TXCajun - This is an amazingly cheap rug that we bought just to see how we liked having a rug in the living room (we had taken all of the carpet out when we remodeled and put in some higher end oak. I really liked the look of the floors but the living room was not tying together without a rug.) My intention was to replace it with a nice wool rug, when we came across one we liked. However, my wife really likes it, so it may stay awhile. It comes in a ton of shapes and sizes from Joss and Main. Its a cheap polyester rug, but it does look nice and is fairly soft to the touch. I don't expect that it will last very long, but will buy us some time to find a nice wool rug. Here's a link - https://www.jossandmain.com/rugs/pdp...?piid=22619850 The photo of the side of the couch is the closest to the actual color of the rug. The other two photos are closer for the color of the couch.
    Hi, davez.

Ha! I checked your linked site for that rug, and you weren't kidding even a little bit__That is one beyond belief, economically priced rug! And, it is pretty. I'm not a big fan of the material used, but at that price, who cares? I spent some time reading the customer reviews and found them to be overwhelmingly positive. It's crazy good that y'all found a place-holder rug that pretty for such a good price!

TXCajun

My go-to for cheap rugs has been these. Pair with a good rug pad and they are surprisingly comfortable and also easy to clean. I like the ones from Rug Pads USA.