Thread: CR Laine vs. Craftsman Sofa

Default CR Laine vs. Craftsman Sofa

I've narrowed down my sofa search to two. Both are being sold through "bench-made" retailers, not the giants Art Van and Gardner-White that dominate the market in Metro Detroit. I'm single, no kids, and no pets. My current sofa has lasted 26 years and is still fine. I had a fireplace built in my living room and decided to redecorate around it. I can order either sofa with Revolution fabric. The CR Laine is $2000. The Craftsman is $1300. At age 62, I'd like this to be my last furniture purchase. I spend a lot of time on the sofa. Is the CR Laine worth the extra $700? Many thanks for the help.

Default Re: CR Laine vs. Craftsman Sofa

Brand comparison is not generally done here, as it's outside the scope of this forum to know how all are constructed and investigate the details of the builds from the hundred of makers out there..
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Is this a recent development? This is the thread that brought me to your site:
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...n-or-C-R-Laine

Maybe I don't understand how this forum works. I was expecting to hear from other consumers as to their experiences. Are questions on this forum only answered by furniture business professionals?

Anyone can post and offer you their opinion. FYI, I would be more than happy to offer a qualified opinion on both CR Laine and Craftsman if I had them in front of me to evaluate - however I do not.

I simply gave you the courtesy of a reply as otherwise you may not get any responses at all to your question.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-22-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

You might want to try the Gardenweb furniture forum, since it seems to get a wider range of participants. Most of the people here are seeking information on brands Duane sells. I don't have any experience with the brands you are asking about or I would happy to comment. I have never owned or researched either one. So although as far as I know, it is ok to ask, you might not get any replies unless someone who is familiar with those brands sees it. I would link to it, but can't remember if that is allowed on this forum, so I won't. But if you go to the gardenweb forum page, click on Home Forums, then Furniture, you will find it. You could probably do a search and find multiple posts about those manufacturers already from prevoius members. Good Luck.