Thread: Console (with Storage) for Bradington Young Imagine Sectional (960-line)

Default Console (with Storage) for Bradington Young Imagine Sectional (960-line)

Hi everyone - hoping someone here is enough of an expert on BY to help me out.

We're looking to buy a BY sectional in the "Imagine" series, with the articulating headrest. We've noticed that several BY sectional lines have console inserts that have a leather back, a padded storage bin (with 2 outlets and USB ports), and 2 cupholders. However, for this particular line - it appears that they only offer a console that has no storage.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of wasting all that space without getting the benefit of the storage / electrical outlets.

My question: Is there any way to get a storage console that would fit this line of sectionals?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Default Re: Console (with Storage) for Bradington Young Imagine Sectional (960-line)

Bradington Young doesn't do customs like some other makers and I would have to make a call to check and see if this console has a lift top with storage - however it already has two cupholders in it - you just have to incorporate this into your layout. Also the USB ports are on the activation switches to control the motion segments, you can see it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=8LmGhWJe1NA

And that console add-in:

https://www.bradington-young.com/ima...setcrumbs=true
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Console (with Storage) for Bradington Young Imagine Sectional (960-line)

UpDate.

I called B-Y and the console is solid, with no storage for the 960 series.

HOWEVER - they are going to introduce it at the October Market with Storage/USB/Power ports in it. They cannot take an order for it at this time, its not fully developed. You can't really successfully add one in at a later date because of leather dye-lots issues and fitment (it can be off 1/2" to 3/4" in alignment). If this is an important feature you want, it can probably be ordered early November and you just wait until then to get the entire configuration. There will not be the 10% off sale period though - which I am having until June 1st on all B-Y product.
    Duane Collie

Thanks Duane. I guess my question is - why couldn't we just use a storage console from another line? Even from a dimensional perspective - I'd think it would work.

For example: Imagine comes from "luxury-motion-tier-2-schematic", and only offers -09 (without storage), with dimensions of 14" wide x 41" deep. The couches themselves are all 41" deep
    However, the Whitaker line (920), for example, comes from "luxury-motion-tier-1-schematic". Here the "-07" "straight console with storage", has dimensions of 14"x38". So it appears to be too short for the Imagine line. But when you look up the dimensions of the 920 line, all of their couches are also 41" deep.

So if a 38" console works with a 41" deep 920, why wouldn't it work with a 41" deep 960?

Thanks

I don't have an answer for that one Jeremy - its uncharted territory. I can look into it - it will take some time and a lot of phone calls. If you intend to purchase from another dealer - please have them look into it. If you are ready to buy from my store and want to do a final configuration, please send me the choices for the package and I will begin the phone calls and see if it can be accomplished.
    Duane Collie

Hey DR Duane,

No need to look into it any further. I was already pretty deep into the process of working with a local vendor who has treated me very well. You are spot on about them introducing a new console with storage, though it sounds like it's going to be in a market test phase, and wouldn't likely hit actual market production until at least January of next year. Given that I'm buying a finished leather, there's a small chance they could make something that matches in color - though who knows if I'll remember 8 months from now

I do wish I had found you before I had started this process. I'm amazed at how much knowledge you've amassed on this forum! When I'm in the market for my next piece - I will definitely be coming to you - especially if I can muster the funds for a Hancock & Moore piece

While I'm not buying today, I do want to thank you for putting together such a great resource as this forum!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    UpDate.

I called B-Y and the console is solid, with no storage for the 960 series.

HOWEVER - they are going to introduce it at the October Market with Storage/USB/Power ports in it. They cannot take an order for it at this time, its not fully developed. You can't really successfully add one in at a later date because of leather dye-lots issues and fitment (it can be off 1/2" to 3/4" in alignment). If this is an important feature you want, it can probably be ordered early November and you just wait until then to get the entire configuration. There will not be the 10% off sale period though - which I am having until June 1st on all B-Y product.
    Hey Duane,
    A long time ago, you mentioned BY was introducing a console with storage for the 960 Imagine line for the October Market. Do you know if they actually did create this unit? If so, is it able to be ordered yet?
    Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Yes its in the line now, model 960-07 Storage Console. It can be ordered now - however not sure if its in the regular production cycle yet so it may take a little longer to get.

GR 1 $ 941 / GR 2 $ 985 / GR 3 $ 1,072 / GR 4 $ 1,159 (cash/check price - credit cards add 3%)
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Hi Jeremy,

Yes its in the line now, model 960-07 Storage Console. It can be ordered now - however not sure if its in the regular production cycle yet so it may take a little longer to get.

GR 1 $ 941 / GR 2 $ 985 / GR 3 $ 1,072 / GR 4 $ 1,159 (cash/check price - credit cards add 3%)
    Thanks Duane - you're amazing. I so wish you had a West Coast showroom - I'd be in there all the time.

The console will be similar to this with USB charge port, these are the photo B-Y sent to me on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Console 1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	11309
    Duane Collie