Thread: Bradington Young # 866-95 Sofa in 9497-96 Leather (Black)

Default Bradington Young # 866-95 Sofa in 9497-96 Leather (Black)

Just put this on my floor today. Its a copy of the one on the BY Website, which has been customized with nickel nail trim, and two pillows in fabric 7370-99 and two in 5815-99. It sits great and looks fantastic. Workmanship is nicely upholstered and they FINALLY put some padding on the back rails. <clapping>.. Comes standard with Spring Down cushion cores on the seats. Sits good!

Sells for $ 2,001 as shown (with the pillows) plus shipping as of the date of this post (this is a market special at this time - normally sells for $ 2,477 plus shipping as shown with pillows). Not sure how long this market special will last, probably for another 30 days or so....

Best $ 2,000 leather sofa I've seen in a long time. Can't go wrong with this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Brad Young4.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Brad Young2.jpg 
Views:	847 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Brad Young3.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Brad Young1.jpg 
Views:	911 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	461  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

habs88 Guest

Is it me or do the top cushions look like fake leather? Maybe i have been looking at too many Hancock and Moore sofas.. The rest of it looks nice but those cushions just don't look right to me.

carmela39 Guest

I sat on this one at Berkshire furniture. We would have considered it but the rounded back made it 45 or 46 inches deep and we couldn't fit it in the room. I totally agree with Duane, comfortable, seems well made and the price is right. Very stylish sofa if you have the space.

puhmuckel Guest

Default Compared to what?

Does this sofa only come in black? How do you rate is compared to the Donovan in the T&C in Kipling Java?

I am in the process of buying a second condo in CA and will need another sofa.
    Also how much is shipping to Oakland, CA?

Thanks Ulli

Ahhh...well, its not H&M. There's no way any Bradington Young piece can stand up next to a Hancock and Moore product, but then its not really designed to compete head-on. BY markets a notch below H&M, and they serve that nitch well. They build a decent product that can stand the test of time and overall costs about 20 % less than a similar H&M piece. If this were Hancock and Moore it would be closer to $ 3,500 as shown and it would be tailored better and not have the seams in the back cushions. But at $ 2,000 this is really a kicker of deal IMHO. That's why I bought it. B-Y is under new leadership and they are trying to run some very aggressive deals on certain items, and this was one of them. I believe I can get it in something other than black, but not entirely sure as I don't have copies of the deal sheet (my BY rep has them, and they are limited time offers).

The Donovan is an entirely different looking and sitting sofa. It's deeper, has a lighter look, and of course the impeccable H&M tailoring (and no nail trim).

I don't have a rating sheet at home but a sofa to California should be about $ 300 via West Express (going from memory).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.