Thread: Hancock & Moore # 5831-3 Ricki Sofa and # 5831-2 Ricki Loveseat in Juno Dove JIT

Default Hancock & Moore # 5831-3 Ricki Sofa and # 5831-2 Ricki Loveseat in Juno Dove JIT

The H&M # 5831 Ricki series is probably the sofa / loveseat combo I think offers the best package at the best price right now (Summer 2018). Why do I like it so much? The simple lines are very clean - it sits great for most people - the price in the Just In Time Program is very aggressive - the Juno leathers are excellent and not your typical "bargain" hides, and it has a relatively small foot print as sofas go, with a large interior space due to the narrow track arms. Also, its fits a range of body types well.

This is the first Ricki Loveseat I have had come through the store - it's excellent. In the Just in Time promotion it's priced the same as the sofa. Leather on these are Juno Dove (not slick, matte finish) and wood finish on the legs is Graphite. You can get 100% top grain leather in a USA-Made sofa for about the same price as a imported Chinese sofa at most other stores - this one is a sure-fire winner all the way around.

Note these photos were taken at 7:30 a.m. under early morning light - do not rely on them for color accuracy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rik1.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	10933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIK6.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	10934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIK5.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	10935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIK10.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	10936
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 5831-3 Ricki Sofa and # 5831-2 Ricki Loveseat in Juno Dove JIT

more

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7766.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	10937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIK7.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	10938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIK3.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	10939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7774.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	10940
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 5831-3 Ricki Sofa and # 5831-2 Ricki Loveseat in Juno Dove JIT

I'm going to make a quick visit back to this post because - in my opinion - this is probably the best unit currently in the Hancock and Moore lineup in terms of hitting all the marks most people want. It has an affordable price point in the program leathers (around $ 3K or so - H&M does not like me posting prices since they vary by dealer). It's clean-designed, neither a large nor small sofa, has great interior space, fits 90% of all who try it comfortably, has a relatively compact footprint, and the two Juno leathers offered appear much more rich and luxurious than you would think to look at them. Design-wise it can fit into a variety of decors as well. My floor model was purchased recently however I will be ordering another as soon as space allows.

Give this Ricki a second look if you are in the market for a high-quality, long lasting unit that will last you several decades of daily use. I'm very keen on this series, and you really can't beat the price on it.

If you want nail trim and brown leathers, the Arrington Series is the sister unit - also in the Just in Time Program
    Duane Collie

I really like the Ricki sofa. My question is this, you mentioned that Arrington is the sister unit of Ricki, which I love also. I know this thread started a few years go but I'm trying to figure out the H & M leather programs. You mentioned that Arrington is the nail trim/brown leather version of Ricki. Does that mean that today, in 2022, it's still just offered in brown leather ONLY or is brown leather just the price point for it normally and any other leather colors would be extra? I suppose if they are in the same group of leathers (group 1, 2, etc.) the leather won't increase in price if you want it outside of what is normally offered?

I know Town & Country offer only certain colored leather, such as the City sofa which I think is currently only offered in 3 different leathers for the regular price point. What if a different leather for that particular sofa, City, was purchased in a leather that is the same group as the 3 offered right now. Is it an increase in price for that leather if the same group class of leather?

The Town and Country program will be changing, but HAS NOT yet changed. My post on that was a preliminary to allow people who want to buy the current program to get busy and get their order in prior to the overhaul on September 1

So everything is still as in the current thread that you can read here:

https://www.myfurnitureforum.com/sho...-Just-in-Time)

The 9840 City Sofa is offered in three married covers at the most aggressive price point. You can also buy in in Group 1 and Group 2 leathers (still in the Town and Country Promotion) at higher price levels. For a definition of married cover, read the link above.
    Duane Collie