Thread: Vacation time?

Default Vacation time?

I called my local store today to get an update on my Sofa order that was delayed because H&M has been out of the Cavalier Mocha leather. My salesperson is not in today, but someone else at the store looked up my order for me, and said my salesperson had apparently called H&M 2 or 3 times and her calls were not returned. The person there today is going to call again and if she gets an answering machine she will leave another message and get back to me if they return her call. This does not sound good to me. I was just wondering, does H&M shut down for vactions or anything that might explain it? I know in manufacturing some companies shut down and everyone takes vacation at the same time. Around here that usually takes place in July or August, but I thought it might be different further south. Thanks.

Default Re: Vacation time?

I have already received and delivered several of the H&M T&C Cavalier Mocha 9840 units since covers came back in stock. H&M is answering the phones up to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (although they were closed Monday, Memorial Day) then their phones do go to voicemail automatically. The furniture manufacturers (including H&M) will close for 1 week vacation first week of July.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

OK thanks. That is good news, I guess. Don't know why they are having so many problems.

They just called me back and the estimate is now Mid June to get that leather in. You had previously told me that you were told by H&M that the leather would take longer than Mid to late May to arrive, so I guess you were correct. Still don't want it without the nails. It's just a little too plain for me. Thanks.