Thread: Looking for Sofa and Loveseat for $4K

Default Looking for Sofa and Loveseat for $4K

Hi! I am in the market for a new sofa and loveseat, and I'm not thrilled with what I'm finding locally. I am looking at a sofa that is roughly 98" and a loveseat that is no longer than 74". I found some Bassett pieces locally, but I think I can probably do better for the price. Just curious what other lines I should be looking at - either here locally or something that you have in stock.

This will be used primarily by me (6'4" - 255) and my two kids 12 and 9. Durability and ability to be cleaned is paramount.

Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for Sofa and Loveseat for $4K

I'd go Taylor King Portfolio in a Performance (scrubbable) Fabric. 96" Sofa / 76" Mini Sofa in GR 1 Portfolio Performance Fabrics $ 3,562 for both, plus delivery fees to where ever we are going. A GR 2 Performance Fabric would be a little more at $ 4,027 for both.

https://www.taylorking.com/PDF/Category/21.PDF

This ia higher build / quality level than Bassett units.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'd go Taylor King Portfolio in a Performance (scrubbable) Fabric. 96" Sofa / 76" Mini Sofa in GR 1 Portfolio Performance Fabrics $ 3,562 for both, plus delivery fees to where ever we are going. A GR 2 Performance Fabric would be a little more at $ 4,027 for both.

https://www.taylorking.com/PDF/Category/21.PDF

This ia higher build / quality level than Bassett units.
    After taking a break from furnitre shopping to instead replace all the windows in my house, I am back in the hunt. With that comes a few questions:

The price you cited above, is that for the “Plush” line? What is the difference between it and the one above it on the sheet - just the extra seat depth? If there is a price difference, what would that be?

When it comes to selecting fabrics, how do most folks go about doing this? I looked at the Tailor King site and it looks like the only TK retailers around me are interior decorators. I have to imagine there is a darn near endless number of fabrics to choose from.

Last, as it applies to shipping, what is a rough thoughts on costs to ship to Michigan (48843).

I’m looking to get this settled in the next week, so thanks in advance for your help!

Fabrics yes you either need to narrow down the choices to a handful and have samples shipped to you, or find a dealer where you can browse their racks. There are hundreds of fabrics, a good start is at least narrow down to the color you want.

The Plush line in Taylor King is deeper, and usually includes an additional set of pillows at the sofa level. Price difference depends on which unit, but its not severe. More important is which depth would suit you better? Standard depths are generally better for sitting on, and plush depths for napping. Keep in mind most women under 5' 6" don't like Plush depths very much (my experience in the showroom).

As to fabrics, the best way is to select a dozen or so that are published on the website, them email your list to me along with your mailing addy and I will order samples for you. keepingroom@gmail.com

A single sofa to zip 48843 via Sun Delivery Service would quote at $ 412, Sofa and Loveseat $ 614.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

6. 08-02-2019