Thread: Motion Your Way - YM36 - NA arm - SB split back - tapered leg in Cameo Brown Burnishe

Default Motion Your Way - YM36 - NA arm - SB split back - tapered leg in Cameo Brown Burnishe

Two of these were delivered by Sun Delivery this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2070.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	10985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	10986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	10987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	10988

We are already quite impressed and very happy.

Our goal was to replace two 20 year old B&Y recliners with something more comfortable and that will last as long or longer.

Our primary challenge is that my wife and I are dramatically different in height (5’1” vs 6’). Add in my bad back, and it got even more difficult. Add in my expectations…and well…I’ll be honest…a bit off the charts hard.

To give you an idea of what I was looking for in comfort, here is the control screen for the seat in my SUV….

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	10980

Yes…not only can you control the position of every bolster and adjust both the lumbar point of contact and extension…but is will also give you a heated massage….so….see….high expectations for comfort….;-)

So with that background, lets check these baby’s out.

Comfort - They are spot on for each of us. You can adjust (essentially infinitely) the angle of the back and the angle of the headrest. As a result, you can always find a comfortable position. We have the standard foam cushions. Right now, they seem fine. We may want to change the headrest to down, but will give it a little more seat time. But these are winners!!!

Leather - Very happy with the Cameo Brown Burnished. It has wonderful depth of color and tonal transitions. The burnishing is spot on. The chairs look aged, but not messy or worn. It actually looks quite a bit better and darker than the sample, but very similar to other forum posts of Cameo Brown Burnished. (I wonder if the samples are not burnished?)

Style - We chose the Nordic Arm, because is offered a nice wide/flat surface for the elbow's and arms. (It does, I'm surprised just how comfortable it is). Stylewise, I would have preferred a French Curve arm, but the Nordic Arm is matching just fine with our French Curve sofa. We also chose the split back for comfort/adjustability of the back pillow cushions. The Nordic Arm results in a 'wingless' back. I've always had 'winged'? recliners that look more like the Epic Arm option, but I'm finding that i like the more open feeling of the wingless approach.

Mechanism - very smooth and almost silent.

Controller - easy enough to use, and the center/slightly raised button is easy to find when you want to return the seat to full upright. The usb jack is a nice to have, but seems like a broken controller waiting to happen, so doubt I'll use that.

Minor room for future improvement:

1. Add 2-3 seat position memory buttons to the controller, so that you can just press one button and slide into one of a set of positions (and make that part retroactively field installable for early adopters). I realize that is a supplier requirement…but push them on it, so to speak… :-)

2. Inflatable Lumbar for lower back cushion (either electronic or manual pump). This is really a nit, because I know it exists. For all intents and purposes, I don't feel any need for it right now, given the infinite adjustability of the back angle and headrest angle.

Quality vs other articulating seating - In our recliner journey, we sat in over 100 recliners from at least 6 quality brands. Nothing else approaches these recliners. You don’t feel a two by four under some soft foam with these. The leather options are wider, and its quality is better. You can see it in the depth of color and feel it in the hand or touch of the leather.

Maybe contenders, but limitations:

IMG -
    + has even more adjustment and an adjustable lumbar
    + multiple size options in most seats (ie poppa bear, momma bear, junior bear)
    - only “Euro Modern” styles
    - very limited leather choices, probably only on par with H&M grade 1 protected

Bradington Young -
    - lesser quality build - you can feel the 2 x 4 under the foam arm.
    - lesser quality leathers
    - just didn’t feel as solid

Happy to answer any questions about these, but highly recommend them!
    Last edited by davez; 06-10-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Default Re: Motion Your Way - YM36 - NA arm - SB split back - tapered leg in Cameo Brown Burn

This is a visual of the difference an articulating headrest makes -

This is your view, if the headrest and seat back move as one:

Name:	IMG_2088.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	10993

This is your view, with an articulated headrest:

Name:	IMG_2089.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	10994

Naturally, you ARE going to watch the TV…so, if you don’t have an articulating headrest, then you are articulating your neck….

Default Re: Motion Your Way - YM36 - NA arm - SB split back - tapered leg in Cameo Brown Burn

Nice review Dave! Glad you are pleased with them - and I agree - the articulating headrests are really nice to have.

H&M builds THE BEST recliner in the industry! Other companies build to a price-point which is OK, too. But when you want top-of-the-line, they are the ones to go to.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Those look very nice and comfortable! Really like the color. I am jealous.