Thread: Hancock & Moore Recommendations

Default Hancock & Moore Recommendations

My husband and I are looking for new furniture for our living room, namely a sofa and recliner. We want to buy good quality furniture and came across Hancock and Moore at our local furniture store and after researching and coming across this forum, have decided that this is the furniture for us. Now we are trying to decide on specific pieces. The City sofa (#9844) and Journey lounger (#7039) are the only pieces that we have liked at our local store. We're not sure these 2 pieces really go together; however, the matching Journey sofa is a little small for us as we like the inside length of the 93" City sofa. We'd first appreciate any recommendations of a recliner that could go with the City sofa or a longer couch that would go with the Journey lounger.

We are also open to any other recommendations of a good sofa and recliner. We have a living room (16x13') which opens to a kitchen/dining area. We like traditional style, nothing too modern. We are interested in leather only and would like to limit our selections to pieces in the Just in Time or Town and Country promotions.

Thanks for any help provided. We've looked through the online catalog many times.

Also, a specific question, is the Metropolitan lounger (#7045) still available? I thought that may be a good pairing with the City sofa but didn't see it in products on the Hancock and Moore website.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Recommendations

Welcome to the forum. Good choice on Hancock and Moore.

You mentioned that you want to limit your selections to only pieces in the two promotional programs. The # 9844 City is not in either, only the smaller # 9840 City Sofa. You will have to buy the # 9844 in the regular graded leather lineup. You can see what models are offered in the two promos here in the forum, they are scanned in.

The Recliner I usually go to to pair with the City series is the Founder's Lounger - it has a lot of design elements and good size proportion that cross over. You can have the standard nails left off if you prefer to better match the City.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...unders-Lounger

If a piece is no longer on the website, its been retired. Sometimes there is a frame or two left and you can still get one made, it requires a dealer phone call to find out.

In a 16" x 13" room I would not go with a sofa exceeding the Journey's length of 87", that should be about right unless one of you is over 6' 4" tall. You can get both the Journey Lounger and Sofa in the Just in Time program in Document Tobacco.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Recommendations

Thank you so much for your reply. Where in the forum would I find the models included in the two promotional programs? I searched for the list, but was unsuccessful in finding it.