Thread: Brands with Similar Comfort to Taylor King

Hybrid View

Default Brands with Similar Comfort to Taylor King

Hello,
    I am a Canadian that unfortunately has a hard time finding a dealer for Taylor King in my city (Edmonton, AB). Very interested in the couch due to the build quality and price ratio but want to at least try it out before purchasing. Was there any other brands I could check out that would be similar in comfort level? Looking to possibly purchase from the US and have it shipped up so I want to avoid any potential reasons for return.
    Thanks in advance!
    J

Default Re: Brands with Similar Comfort to Taylor King

There are many brands built along the Taylor King construction standards. Century Cornerstone, Sherrill, Westley Hall, etc. However some won't have the aggressive pricing that TK does with their Portfolio program. Construction standards does not mean they sit alike.

Tips if you are buying from a US dealer and shipping into Canada:

1) Use a USA-based credit card for payment. Canadian banks are considered foreign and carry a 4 % surcharge over and above a regular USA card fee so I pass that onto my customers in Canada as its too much to absorb.

2) DeJong Trucking runs into Canada and picks up regularly from the North Carolina manufactuers. I've had real good luck with DeJong - however they are not really a White Glove in-home delivery, you would want to source a commercial loading dock for them to deliver to. Their rates for White Glove are a bit high last time I checked. They handle all brokerage/ customs and make it painless. http://www.dejong.com/

Please read into this thread as well:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=canada
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Oh okay, thanks for the information. Any particular brand that you would say sit similarly? As well, under the TK portfolio program would you be able to provide an approximate cost for a jackson sectional similar to the one on the website (chaise + 2 seat sofa)?

Sorry, I can't do comfort comparisons.

For quotes, please use the QUOTE function here on the forum and include specific model numbers and a fabric selection.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.