From The Washington Post 06/21/18

A divided Supreme Court ruled Thursday that states may require online retailers to collect billions of dollars of sales tax revenue owed to them. The decision was 5 to 4. More than 40 states and the Trump administration asked the Supreme Court to overturn its 1992 decision in Quill v. North Dakota that restricts states from collecting sales tax from retailers without a physical presence in those states. They said a decision in a case involving mail-order catalogues is obsolete in an era of e-commerce.

This is going to be interesting. I suspect that we will see State Legislators across the country eager to collect sales taxes for their state and laws will come into play in the upcoming months (maybe years) to that effect. This also looks to be a huge, massive headache. I can't imagine filling out all those state sales tax forms and submitting them once a month as it will take hours and hours.

Right now I only collect sales tax for Virginia, for purchases delivered in Virginia or made at the store itself. Looks as though this is going to all change down the road.