Thread: ID table with leafs?

Default ID table with leafs?

My late mother had this table in her garage. I'm wondering what era/style/type of wood, etc.? It has 2 leafs and unusual pattern of wood on table top. I'm including photos of table top and the table with leafs in and out. Can anyone help me identify? Thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9830.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	11014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9833.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	11015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9837.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	11016  

Default Re: ID table with leafs?

The table is Oak and Oak veneers from what I can see, probably American, probably around 100 years old. It has a mix or old school carving and modern production techniques. There are mortise and tenon legs on the piece as you can see from the locking pins on the legs, but a curious detail line made with a router or shaper near the carvings which you don't normally see. Someone spent some time making that table - however valuations on items like this are pennies on the dollar compared to what they used to be.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The table is Oak and Oak veneers from what I can see, probably American, probably around 100 years old. It has a mix or old school carving and modern production techniques. There are mortise and tenon legs on the piece as you can see from the locking pins on the legs, but a curious detail line made with a router or shaper near the carvings which you don't normally see. Someone spent some time making that table - however valuations on items like this are pennies on the dollar compared to what they used to be.
    Thanks so much! Is there a style associated with this kind of American early 20th C design?

It's a confused piece - has some old Queen Anne elements and yet some almost mid-Century look about it. Don't really fall into a period category. Looks to me like a skilled woodworker who wanted to try some newer design elements but wasn't bold enough to go far enough. If that makes sense.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It's a confused piece - has some old Queen Anne elements and yet some almost mid-Century look about it. Don't really fall into a period category. Looks to me like a skilled woodworker who wanted to try some newer design elements but wasn't bold enough to go far enough. If that makes sense.
    Interesting...Yes, that makes sense. A confused piece, lol, I like that!
    Thanks so much!