Hi Duane-
Hope you had an enjoyable holiday! We received the H&M samples along with the Portofino that you sent. The Portofino feels really nice and soft, but think it may be too pebbly for our taste. We really like the Kipling Java for the sofa and chair, and maybe the Kipling Chestnut or Garfield Chestnut for the recliner. We are still feeling a little nervous about ordering "unprotected" leather, especially since our sofa is placed with the back positioned directly in front of windows (which are coated with UV film that filter 90% of the suns rays). This has been quite a process and as we learn more about leather from your site, our choices of leather have changed dramatically. As you know, we didn't even want to look at Garfield when we were visiting your store. With that being said...I would still probably go with the Antelope with protection, if only I liked the colors that were offered in that line! We've performed the "Duane" test on the leathers and so far they definitely do have more of a topcoat then our 15+ year old H&M leather sofa ever did. I prefer the Garfield to the Kipling primarily because it seems to be a slightly heavier/thicker leather...*Do you think that is an accurate assessment? So far, the color of the Kipling Java is the right color brown, but wish I had ordered a sample of the Garfield Mocha to compare...*Would it be possible to get a Garfield Mocha sample sent after H&M returns from vacation?
*Do the leather samples vary in thickness to the actual hide that is used? *Would the Kipling be more likely to show deep creases as compared to the Garfield?
*Is Garfield as thick as the leather on the Evening Sofa in your showroom? *Between the Kipling and Garfield...would there be any reason to go with one over another in regards to tailoring and details of the Evening Sofa?
* On the Furniture Forum there is a photo of the Garfield Mocha on a sofa that looks quite different in color from the photo that you had sent to me in the PM...Which do you feel is most accurate?
*Can you recommend any other leather that would be the color of the Kipling Java?
We'd really like to get this order placed with you by February, but do worry a about what to do with our time when we are no longer shopping and learning about furniture! Perhaps a support group on the Furniture Forum?
Thanks again for your help! Marianne