Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: H & M questions

mcarey Guest

Default Re: H & M questions

Duane,
    I promise this will be the last leather I ask you to identify...on the 047 Carrington Cocktail Ottoman, what leather is on the top section and what leather is on the bottom as pictured on the H&M site? Thanks again

Nope, sorry Marianne - you've used up your quota for the month of January.

<laughing>

Heirloom Chestnut on Top, Florentine Brandy on the lower section.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    Do you think that the colors in heirloom chestnut would work with the Garfield Mocha and Fawn? Can the degree of antiquing be specified?
    Would the hand antiqued saddle be a better color with the mocha and fawn? Thanks!

You have to have a leap of faith in any of the glazed/antiqued/burnished hides. Its a VERY artistic thing that really not not be conveyed on a Purchase Order. I hesitate to specify a degree of antiquing because then 'we' try to control the artist and what if it isn't what you expect? I think in that if you order any leather in these groups you have to like surprises - because variance is significant.

All the browns tend to harmonize with one another to some degree. In 2-tone combos, I tend to like high contrasts (Dark/Light) rather than dark/dark, or light.light.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Duane-
    How would you classify Heirloom chestnut and hand antiqued saddle?
    Dark/Dark or Light/dark?

With options you've seen on the campaign ottoman (or any ottoman), what would you suggest to work with Garfield mocha (sofa and chair) and fawn (recliner). I really like the antiqued and burnished leathers, but working with the color variances challenges me. It seems that the base color or antiquing should match or blend with either the mocha or fawn so that there is some rhyme or reason for pairing these pieces. This is an opportunity to create a custom look from scratch so it really shouldn't be this difficult, right!? I would like to see the ottoman bring a little punch to the room without breaking the bank or creating a style that limits or makes it difficult to coordinate with rugs and other patterns in the room (of which there are very little, but hopefully will be at some point in the future!). Thanks-

Marianne, the Heirloom Chestnut is appx three shades darker than the Hand-Antiqued Saddle I would say.

The safe bet is to use a non-glazed specialty leathers as its easier to see what you are going to get, for example the Garfield in combination with a Sonoma Suede is a smart look. Anytime you go down the burnished/antique path is like going into Baskin Robbins and say "Surprise me!" All the ice cream is good.- You may just get a fantastic flavor you never would have tried otherwise - OR - you might get a flavor thats decent, but you wouldn't ask for it on a return trip.

Whatever you choose, I personally like high/low contrast moreso than matching colors and just changing textures, but that's just my taste.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    Wish this were as simple as ice cream, 'cause then I'd just order up one in every flavor....

OK-so would Venice harness, Umbria harness or nile croc be considered a non-glazed finish, or does that just include the suedes and nubuck leathers? Thanks again-

Venice/Umbria/Nile do not have glazes to them, they're low sheen on all.
    Duane Collie