Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: H & M questions

Default Re: H & M questions

Hi Marianne,

My advice is to ALWAYS get what you like the most!

Yes, you can get a cutting for approval once you place the order, but it will slow production 4 to 5 weeks. While its critical to get a cutting if you are say....adding an ottoman to an existing chair, I don't think I'd bother with it in an all-new grouping, but that choice is up to you!

Yes, the Abbott is mostly like a wider Miller unit. Very comparable to that recliner. The Sadler is much taller and overall a different feeling recliner.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    We are looking at the H&M chancelor or robinson tufted ottoman, rather then the larger carrington that we had considered when we visited your showroom. From a design standpoint, do you have an opinion or any ideas to consider regarding using the same color leather as the sofa v.s. using a contrasting color, possibly a burnished leather or something like the heirloom chestnut. At this point, we plan to purchase the Evening Sofa, Evening chair and 099 foot stool in a dark brown, i.e., Garfield Mocha and the Abbott?? recliner in a lighter brown, i.e., Garfield Chestnut. Thanks for the help!

Marianne,

I'm always going to pick a button tufted one myself, because they always look crisp and neat, even with lots of use. So that makes the Chancellor my favorite of those two. Over time the Robinson (with use) will develop a stretch wrinkle that won't go away, but it does have the pair of drawers on the bottom that one can place remotes in and so on.

I like to mix up the leathers a bit myself, so I wouldn't hesitate to have some fun on an ottoman and get a little more wild with it other than putting the same old 'set' look of leathers on it. I'd even consider a class 5 'alligator' leather on the ottoman because the piece is so small you can get away with the uber-pricey hides in both form and price. (take a look at the # 028 Gentry on H&M's website to see what I mean):

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1528
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Great...I really like the idea of using the crocodile leather or one of the others with texture or design. I see that there are several crocodile leathers on the H&M site....Can you recommend one over another? The chancelor ottoman is offered on the T&C program using the Heirloom chestnut. What is your opinion of that leather?

Thanks again!

Heirloom Chestnut is nice! Nothing wrong with that, but the Alligator ones will be VERY much fun. Take a look at the hide on the far right on this photo as an example:

http://myfurnitureforum.com/showthread.php?t=1002

Click on the center photo and I'm thinking the Nile Croc Burnished.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

That Nile Croc is very cool. I'm liking it! Now for the hard, cold facts...what would be the price for the chancelor and tufted Robinson ottomans in a grade V and for the T&C Chancelor in the Heirloom Chestnut? Thanks for your sharing your ideas!

There's not that much surface area to cover, so the Class 5 leathers don't make it absolutely terrible, but the T&C deal on the # 093 is going to be hard to beat.

# 093 Chancellor in Grade 3 Heirloom Chestnut (Town and Country) $ 881 (prices go up on Monday in T&C). In Grade 5 leather: $ 1,260.

Robinson # 079 in Grade 3: $ 1,372, in Grade 5: $ 1,806
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Duane-
    What cushions were used on the Evening sofa in your showroom? I think that you recommended having them overstuffed? Would you overstuff both the back and seats? Also, with the lines of the back on the Evening....are the back cushion inserts the same shape as the leather covering? Thanks again!

Those are the standard Quaalux cores in that Evening sofa on my floor, Marianne, both the seats and backs.

Are you asking if the back panel support panel follows the shape as the cushion cores? Yes it does. You can see the shape of the back here (though the back is draped with new leathers for the photo):
    http://myfurnitureforum.com/showthread.php?t=1002
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    My question is a little confusing...what I wanted to know was, is the core shaped like the actual cushion covering. I just want to be certain that there is core filling in the curved portions of the cushion backs (With H&M's attention to detail, I can't imagine that they would put a square cushion in a curved cover, but I thought I should ask to be certain.) *When do you sleep!? Thanks for your quick response. Have a great weekend. Marianne