Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: H & M questions

mcarey Guest

Default Re: H & M questions

One more question...Would you recommend having the seat and back cushion on the Evening overfilled? Thanks again-

Ahh.got it! Yes they do Marianne. Here's a photo...there will always be a little void in the corners, just because its nearly impossible to get 100 % fill in a shaped cushion, but they do well at it.

When do I sleep? Only when not replying to forum questions!

On the overfill on the Evening, I don't think so on that model, as it will give them a high crown. The cores are already thick on that unit, it may make it feel too 'blown up'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BackEvening 001.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	754  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane,
    May I please get a quote for the following items in class I, II, and III:

7082 Saunders recliner
    099 footstool
    7059 Abbott class 1 & II

Just when I think I've narrowed down my choices, I see another that I like....That September sofa photo in class I columbia coffee looked so nice, I'd also like to check the price on the 1667 Evening Sofa and 1665 chair in a grade I. Thanks for your help!

Surely!

# 7082 Saunders: class 1: $ 2,002, class 2: $ 2,317
    # 099 Footstool: class 1: $ 294, class 2: $ 315
    # 7059 Abbott: class 1: $ 1.974, class 2: $ 2,331
    # 1667 Evening in class 1: $ 3,199
    # 1665 Evening in class 1: $ 1,827

A lot of folks shy away from Columbia because its a class 1 leather, and they feel they should buy in a higher price class. I think Columbia is a superb finished leather, one of the best I've seen anywhere from any maker. No need to spend more in a finished leather! It blows away Document, Rancho and Cavalier (popular class 2 hides). And its a South American leather - not from China.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    Thanks for those quotes...
    I bet if the Columbia was a grade II, I'd like it better...go figure! Starting to get a little crazy with these grades. I like the Columbia Coffee very much when I see it made up on furniture, but when I look at the swatches it just doesn't look close to the same in texture. I'd like a leather line that also has complementary colors such as Kipling Java with saddle or whiskey. I want to get the lounger in the lighter shade and I don't know if the Columbia butternut would be enough of a contrast (also, if we go with the Saunders, a leather with some pull-up effect would be nice with the button tufting) I don't want it to look like I tried to match the sofa with the lounger and just couldn't quite get it right, if you know what I mean. I was sold on the Garfield mocha and chestnut, but then saw a swatch of them locally and the chestnut looked dramatically different, and I didn't like the color at all. Not sure I want to deal with that much of a color variation. Sorry for rambling...Thanks again, Marianne

You can make yourself crazy with all the choices.....

Columbia is great as a finished leather but its never going to have the softness, richness and look of luxury that the aniline hides will. As a Grade 1 leather its without peer, and it will stand with many of the grade 2 hides as well. But its not Garfield, or even Fenway or Upton or Kipling.

Yes, I like the pull-up effect for the Saunders chair. Upton Cafe or Milan Saddle (class 2) would be perfect on that chair.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane,
    I don't think that the dark brown pull-up leathers on the lounger would work since I want a dark brown on the sofa and would want the lounger to be a lighter shade. What do you think about a burnished or antiqued leather for the lounger as a way to tie the looks together? Which of the following would work with the dark brown Garfield Mocha on the sofa? Heirloom chestnut, Weston cane burnished, Weston sunrise burnished, hand antiqued saddle or hand antiqued sunset (I can't find the hand antiqued sunset that was on the McNeary sofa in your showroom on the H&M site??) ? Also, would any of the above burnished or antiqued leathers work with the Nile croc on the ottoman?

Thanks again for your help!

Marianne,

If you want to do something interesting and eye-catching, then a burnished leather would look great on that Saunders Chair. I'd probably opt for Weston Sunrise Burnished or Imperial Whiskey Burnished with a mocha colored sofa, just to have a the high contrast value and rich look.

Which ottoman are you thinking of using?
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    We like the chancellor button tufted ottoman. Would the Weston sunrise burnished have the additional protection of a topcoat when compared to the basic Weston leathers? I had run some tests on the Weston and it was a little fragile, at least in the plain colors. Maybe with the burnishing, a stain would not be noticed.

Is there any reason why we should use a furniture delivery company rather the The Keeping Room?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane,
    More questions about the Burnished and Antiqued leathers....

*Can you identify any examples of these leathers on the H&M site or in your Market photos?

*Is there an upcharge for antiqued or burnished leather? Thanks again!