Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: H & M questions

Default Re: H & M questions

Not with confidence! I didn't write them down but if there is one in particular you want me to check I can make some calls. Best to look at this photo, I think, on burnished and hand-antiqued hides and be aware that these do vary moreso than anything else in the line:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...4&d=1261497852

They all price as grade 3's.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The # 093 Ottoman - now there is one I'd like better in Burnished than in the Croc myself.

When they do burnished and hand-antiqued hides, they are taking a standard-line leather (or sometimes what is known as a crust), building the whole piece of furniture including the nail trim, and then taking it back to the finish department. They then glaze the piece with these toner coats and when they have the look they want, seal it all after it dries. Essentially what you are getting is a leather than has a specialized paint coat on the top of it. That's why you'll never see a high-end leather become burnished or hand-antiqued, because there is no point in glazing over a super soft luxury leather, it defeats the purpose of buying in that upper tier. I love the look of a burnisher leather, but they will be stiffer and less soft than a non-burnished hide. The glazing softens over time however, and they seem to be very durable with regard to spills and stains.

You'll want to use the delivery service as it will cost you less being as far away as you are. I have a different price structure for mail-order, because on pieces that come to the store first - I have to pay the freight to get them here, then unpack them and look them over before delivery. That's going to mean the price of the pieces are 10% higher before we get to delivery charges.

Example:

Mail order sofa price: $ 2,100. Cost to ship Sofa to PA via White Glove service: $ 220. Total price landed: $ 2,220

Landed Store Price: $ 2,250. Deliver three hours out to PA with KR Truck; $ 300. Total landed price: $ 2,550.
    Duane Collie

I like the way you do math, speaking as a customer, but that first total should be $2,320.

Ahhhh....I think you're correct there, Aaron!
    Duane Collie

And the second total it seems could be $2100 plus $210 (10%) plus $300 (delivery) for a total of $2610, but then I may not fully understand the correct difference between "mail order" and "landed store" prices. Sounds like Duane might need a few days of R&R.

mcarey Guest

Duane-
    I was thinking that the possibility of delivery by the Keeping Room was too good to be true! Thanks for further explaining how that works....

On the H&M site, is the 1653 Wilcox Sofa, 1317 Rouleau Tufted Chair and 4406 Summerfield chair covered in Heirloom Chestnut? *Same as the leather that comes on the 093 Chancelor in the T&C program?

Also, what leather is on the...
    4882 Slim Jim Chair
    5172 Bronson Sofa
    5259 Rugby Club Chair
    5067 Tavern Sofa

I feel like a plane that can't land!
    Thanks again-

As you can see, I am a math cripple. I admit it, never been any good at it - my wife is equally terrible and my kids inherited the genes of lousy math. This is why I ALWAYS have a tape calculator by my side ... Confession: You know the part of my job I hate the most? You'd think it would be long hours on the sales floor, or perhaps wrenching on the diesel truck in the winter time, or unpacking heavy sofas. Nope. Its the bookwork in the back, the accounting and tax forms and doing check runs and all that. <laughing>
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    With all of the ribbing you received regarding that miscalculation, you may have missed this previous post, so here it goes again....BTW I'd be the last person to notice a mathematical error!

I was thinking that the possibility of delivery by the Keeping Room was too good to be true! Thanks for further explaining how that works....

On the H&M site, is the 1653 Wilcox Sofa, 1317 Rouleau Tufted Chair and 4406 Summerfield chair covered in Heirloom Chestnut? *Same as the leather that comes on the 093 Chancelor in the T&C program?

Also, what leather is on the...
    4882 Slim Jim Chair
    5172 Bronson Sofa
    5259 Rugby Club Chair
    5067 Tavern Sofa

I read in past posts that Kipling may come out of Italy or China...but on the leather description sheets it states that it is an Italian leather. Do you know which is accurate?

Thanks very much for the help!
    Marianne

Had to do a little research on these, but here they are:

# 1653, # 4406. # 093 are in Heirloom Chestnut
    # 1317 is in Heirloom Burgundy which has been dropped
    # 4882 is in Pecos Oak Burnished (special order, takes 8 weeks to get the leather)
    # 5172, # 5259 are in Buckingham Walnut Burnished
    # 5067 is in Imperical Whiskey Burnished

Kipling is a leather from an Italian tannery, that also has a satellite operation in China. Some of the Kipling comes from Italy, some from China, and H&M tells me it varies from batch to batch, they order it from their vendor and don't know which facility it comes from until it lands on their dock with the labels.
    Duane Collie

dwainw Guest

It looks like you might be able to add the 1521 Renoir Tufted and 1744 Chancellor sofa to the Heirloom Chestnut list.