Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: H & M questions

mcarey Guest

Default Re: H & M questions

Duane-

* Is it correct to assume that on the Evening Sofa, the Kipling (Java) will tailor better on those back cushions then the Garfield (I really do love the Garfield leather...it looks and feels so scrumptious!)?

*In the Leather Description section on this forum, Kipling is described as having a "dramatic burst when pulled up". The sample that I have does not have any apparent pull up effect. Does the pull-up effect vary, as well as the color in this leather?

*I really like the Nile Croc Burnished leather...would this leather work on any of the tufted ottomans? If not, on what ottoman would it work.

*With the Kipling Java or Garfield Mocha, can you recommend a wood finish?...I was considering oiled walnut distressed or walnut distressed. Are there any other wood finishes that you would recommend. Our television console is a coffee color(dark brown, *not mahoghany) with a satin finish.

Getting down to the wire...

Thanks again, Marianne

Hi Marianne,

No, I can't say that Kipling will tailor better than Garfield. I think both will make up about the same based on my experience with both hides.

Kipling is a very light pull-up at best...dunno who wrote that copy!

Yes, Nile Croc would be big fun on an ottoman! Gotta have some fun with your picks.

On finishes, I kind of like JAVA for the darker leathers. its a rich looking finish.

Sale doesn't start until Feb 1st, you have lots of time, its only the 20th!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane,
    Thanks for your quick response and also for digging up and identifying those burnished and antiqued leathers. Plan to get out this weekend to see those leathers (although I am aware that they will vary in color because they are hand applied finishes) and to check out the JAVA wood finish.

*Do you think that the Nile Croc could be button tufted or is it too thick of a leather?

H&M can do that tufting on Nile Croc with no problem.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Duane-
    I think the 072 Campaign Cocktail Ottoman may be a better look then the Chancellor with the Evening Sofa and configuration of our family room. Can you please get me a price on that in a class III and V? Would it be possible to put two different leathers on the Campaign cocktail ottoman. Thanks- Marianne

Sure. The # 072 is $ 1,225 in GR3, $ 1,365 in GR4, and $ 1,589 in GR5. Deduct the 5% for Feb from those numbers. And 2-tone are lots of fun, if you do that the whole piece goes to the price of the highest of the pair of leathers used. For example, a GR 5 on top, a GR3 in the middle section, the whole piece prices at GR5.
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane-
    Just want to run an idea by you...what do you think about the 072 Campaign ottoman with the Nile Croc on the lower portion and Garfield Mocha on top? Or can you recommend another option? At the moment, my picks are the Garfield Mocha on the sofa, chair and footstool, and Garfield Fawn on the recliner. I'm very open to any suggestions that you may have. Thanks very much for the help! Marianne

That would look great, Marianne. Very classy, and eye-catching. I like the picks you have. You can also put that Garfield Fawn on top of the ottoman if you want to tie-in the recliner some more. Either one will work well.

Here's a photo of an H&M Carrington Ottoman that was completed a few months ago and we used Garfield Fawn and Mocha on it, with gimp at the bottom and spaced nails, and then the "EE" nail to visually break the sections. Shows how much fun you can have if you're not afraid to be a bit bold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carrington OTTO.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	804  
    Duane Collie

mcarey Guest

Hi Duane,
    Yes, you had shared that photo with us a while ago, but I hadn't considered adding the gimp, spaced nails, etc. to the campaign ottoman. I like that idea as a way to possibly tie in the sofa color. What would it cost to add the extras, as seen on the carrington? Thanks-

Yesterday, my husband and I went to a very large furniture store housed in a 3 floor warehouse about an 1 hour from home to see if they had any H&M recliners to try out and to look at some leathers swatches. It was unbelievalbe (and exasperating!) how little the furniture salespeople knew about their product. We were once again reminded of just how amazing you are! Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you spend to educate and share information about the products that you sell. Marianne

Gimp and spaced nails are not too expensive. (Gimp is the extra piece of leather at the base of the ottoman and can always be done in the same color, or a contrast color leather)

On an Ottoman, gimp adds $ 84 to the piece, and there is no charge to space the nails on a piece that comes with nail trim.

Thanks for the compliment! In all fairness to the other store salespeople, I'm a bit over-the-top on leather furniture and try to learn all I can on it - to a lot of people its not that interesting. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new and I pester my suppliers constantly with questions that (I think) no one else ever asks!
    Duane Collie