Yesterday I had an loyal customer who is local come into the store wanting a new recliner as soon as possible. Her much-loved Bradington Young # 4114 had broken.

I asked how old it was? "10 years" she told me.

I said "It the leather is OK, you can get a new mechanism for it and replace it - you will be good to go."

Her husband replied "No, this is beyond repair, the entire left side of the recliner collapsed, the frame blew out and is shattered into pieces."

WHOA! So that's the end of that chair......

I had two recliners on the floor they liked, another # 4114 BY and a Hancock and Moore # 1021 both in Dark Brown, both on promotional offerings. For all practical purposes, they are similar in style and feel. The H&M is $ 414 more in price than the B-Y and they were struggling with which to buy and asked me what the REAL differences were:

"They both have the same Leggett and Platt Mechanism in them, leather is comparable and cushions are nearly the same. So the real difference is in the frame. B-Y is a Plywood frame, Hancock and Moore is solid maple. B-Y has a 1 year warranty on their frame (parts and labor) and 1 year parts-only afterwards. H&M is lifetime on the frame. Had your old recliner been an H&M and blown out the side like it did, we'd get it back to H&M and they would repair it or replace it or give an allowance to a new unit, depending on the determination what caused the collapse. With B-Y, as you see - it goes to the dump".

They bought the H&M.

FYI, I have never seen or heard of the side of a chair blowing out like that before - it's uncommon.