Thread: Sectional/Sofa layout for new living room - Help!

Threaded View

Default Sectional/Sofa layout for new living room - Help!

Hi Everyone, this if my very first post here but after spending some time reading the forums I was blown away by the amount of information and knowledge the members here had. My wife and I moved recently and our living room setup is completely different in our new house. We had a leather Natuzzi sofa and 2 non-reclining chairs in our old living room and when we moved the colors and layout did not match well. We finally have gotten around to look at replacing them, and actually sold the set about 2 days ago. This unfortunately left us with an 10 year old Ashley *shudders* couch from our college days, and we are in pretty dire need for a new sectional or other furniture arrangement, and I would LOVE to have your opinion on what will fit and look best. I have attached 3 photos of our living room currently, the only real requirement I have is to have some arrangement that at least one person can put their feet up. I like the idea of a non recliner with a chase on at least one (or both) sides or an ottoman. When looking at the current couch, the entry to the left side is the front entry/office/bedroom, and the doorway to the right is to our garage/laundry area. The living room itself is completely open with the kitchen being to the right of the current couch. For reference the rug is 14'x10'.

Our budget ideally is $3,000-$4,000 as we would like to have some money left to add in a coffee table or end table if needed. I know H&M seems to be a popular brand around here, but from what I can tell they will all be over our budget. We only have 1 furniture store in our town that carries them, the rest go up to the quality level of a Palliser/Flexsteele and not much beyond. Thanks for any knowledge or info you might be able to give us!

Link to images: https://imgur.com/a/Zue3Run

Edit: After playing with the Icovia room organizer this was kind of what we were thinking, but would love to know your thoughts on anything that might fit the bill, or another layout we might be missing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 7.51.30 PM.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	11056
    Last edited by ISUVetMed; 07-29-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added Icovia layout