Had an older gentleman, a repeat customer, come in and buy a Jessica Charles swivel/rocker off the floor. We delivered it and my guys set it in the room for him. About a week after he calls me up and is complaining that something is wrong with the chair, its rocking side-to-side and making a popping noise, when can I come out and look at it?

He's not close by and the traffic where he lives is horrid, so I decide to go out on my day off, about 10 am when rush hour has subsided. When I get there, he shows me the problem. Yes, its rocking side-to-side and yes, its making an odd noise. I pull the chair forward and instantly see the issue. There are (5) arms on the bottom of the unit (swivel/rocker) and under each of the arms they had put a slider like you buy at Home Depot. The thing is, these sliders were ancient and didn't match, they were all different sizes and heights. I took the chair off the sliders and said "Try it now". He did and it was perfect. I showed him what caused it and he insisted he needs the sliders. "Well, you need five of the same size". His wife says "I have them somewhere" and I wait around 15 minutes for her to locate them, then place them under the chair and it was fine, they were all the same size.

Couple of hours out of my day, but I didn't charge them for that service trip. Next time though, I will ask if they put any kind of pads or sliders on the base before I go out to look at one!